Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hotel Rewards redemption not longer available.

DDobluis
Explorer C

I've noticed a few weeks ago that Hotel rewards have been removed from the More Rewards page.   I used to get free hotel nights using my RR points but the option is no longer available.  Also international flights used to be available under More Rewards but no longre there.  Can anyone else confirm?  (this is for Chase Southwest CC holders)

Thanks

D

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hotel Rewards redemption not longer available.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

More Rewards, which is run by a third party company does appear to be unavailable. My opinion is that it's a horrible redemption option anyway and the only good way to spend RR points is on Southwest flights. 

--TheMiddleSeat

DDobluis
Explorer C

The hotel redemptions worked very good for me.  Also depends where you are going.  I used over 30 hotel redemption nights in the past few years in the Philippines starting at 5k SW points.  But I won't use it for popular destinations like Hawaii, San Diego, NY, etc.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

It does look like the Travel section of More Rewards has been removed, or in the case of Rental Car redemptions, is "down for maintenance." Chase is still showing Travel redemption in their marketing materials for SWA credit cards, so presumably it will return at some point. Maybe.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The latest Southwest email (that includes the CP changes and no-show policy update for points bookings) includes a vague reference to "New ways to redeem RR points," so I suspect some changes to More Rewards are coming -- or possibly even a new points-redemption partner altogether.

Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 8.59.57 AM.png