Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hotel and car options to use your points no longer exist. ONLY FLIGHTS. REALLY????

drgary
Explorer C

Went on line to try to use some of my points to provide a homeless friend with a hotel room.  I'm not flying anywhere for a while so I thought I could do something nice to help others.  NO WAY...  NOT AN OPTION.  ONLY FLIGHTS.  I guess I could put her on continuous flights and she can sleep in airports for the next month.  NOT A HAPPY CAMPER, SOUTHWEST!!!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Hotel and car options to use your points no longer exist. ONLY FLIGHTS. REALLY????

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest does not control that process, Another company, More Rewards, does. Southwest only sells plane tickets.  More Rewards sells everything else.

I'd suggest that you lodge your complaint with that company.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/More-Rewards-Contact-amp-FAQs/ta-p/108878

FYI, using to points to buy anything other than plane tickets is not normally a good idea.

You get the most value/point from Southwest.

Re: Hotel and car options to use your points no longer exist. ONLY FLIGHTS. REALLY????

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@drgary wrote:

Went on line to try to use some of my points to provide a homeless friend with a hotel room.  I'm not flying anywhere for a while so I thought I could do something nice to help others.  NO WAY...  NOT AN OPTION.  ONLY FLIGHTS.  I guess I could put her on continuous flights and she can sleep in airports for the next month.  NOT A HAPPY CAMPER, SOUTHWEST!!!

Hotel and car options are still available, as they always have been, through More Rewards. In order to use More Rewards, you need to be a Southwest Rapid Rewards VISA cardholder. (This is a change put into place several months ago.)

To book Hotels, log in to your Rapid Rewards account on the Southwest website, then navigate to Rapid Rewards > How to Redeem > Redeem for More Rewards, and click on Explore Rewards. Once there, in the upper right navigation menu under Travel choose Hotel Stay.

drgary
Explorer C

Southwest has removed the MORE option.  Access to cars and hotels are no longer available on the Rapid Rewards site.  That was why I posted...

chgoflyer
Aviator A

LOL. No, they haven't. It's still there. Just like I posted about yesterday.

Take another look at my earlier post, now marked "solution."

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 6.59.30 PM.png

nomad_86
Explorer C

In my search for how to use points to pay for a rental car tonight, I reviewed the previous posts from the last few years. Thank you to all who contributed. It was very helpful. 

I realized that the missing piece of information to get to the solution, it's not intuitive to locate the redeem area but this is what worked for me.

1) User clicks on 'Rapid Rewards' in the top-right corner of the webpage header

2) Then, click on 'Program'
Step 1.PNG

3) Within 'Program' click on 'How to Redeem'

Step 2.PNG

4) Now, as stated in previous posts, click on 'REDEEM FOR MORE REWARDS

Step 3.PNG

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

BOOM,

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@drgary go to solution!!!  

Ashar72
Explorer C

Now even for card holders you can’t do it

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

This note was included in the email that went out on October 21.  I'm guessing nothing will change until then.

Capture-RR.JPG

--TheMiddleSeat