Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Hotel and car options to use your points no longer exist. ONLY FLIGHTS. REALLY????

New Arrival

Went on line to try to use some of my points to provide a homeless friend with a hotel room.  I'm not flying anywhere for a while so I thought I could do something nice to help others.  NO WAY...  NOT AN OPTION.  ONLY FLIGHTS.  I guess I could put her on continuous flights and she can sleep in airports for the next month.  NOT A HAPPY CAMPER, SOUTHWEST!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Hotel and car options to use your points no longer exist. ONLY FLIGHTS. REALLY????

Top Contributor

Southwest does not control that process, Another company, More Rewards, does. Southwest only sells plane tickets.  More Rewards sells everything else.

I'd suggest that you lodge your complaint with that company.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/More-Rewards-Contact-amp-FAQs/ta-p/108878

FYI, using to points to buy anything other than plane tickets is not normally a good idea.

You get the most value/point from Southwest.

Highlighted

Re: Hotel and car options to use your points no longer exist. ONLY FLIGHTS. REALLY????

Top Contributor
Solution

@drgary wrote:

Went on line to try to use some of my points to provide a homeless friend with a hotel room.  I'm not flying anywhere for a while so I thought I could do something nice to help others.  NO WAY...  NOT AN OPTION.  ONLY FLIGHTS.  I guess I could put her on continuous flights and she can sleep in airports for the next month.  NOT A HAPPY CAMPER, SOUTHWEST!!!

Hotel and car options are still available, as they always have been, through More Rewards. In order to use More Rewards, you need to be a Southwest Rapid Rewards VISA cardholder. (This is a change put into place several months ago.)

To book Hotels, log in to your Rapid Rewards account on the Southwest website, then navigate to Rapid Rewards > How to Redeem > Redeem for More Rewards, and click on Explore Rewards. Once there, in the upper right navigation menu under Travel choose Hotel Stay.

Highlighted

New Arrival

Southwest has removed the MORE option.  Access to cars and hotels are no longer available on the Rapid Rewards site.  That was why I posted...

Highlighted

Top Contributor

LOL. No, they haven't. It's still there. Just like I posted about yesterday.

Take another look at my earlier post, now marked "solution."

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 6.59.30 PM.png

Highlighted

@drgary go to solution!!!