Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How do I check my how many upgraded boardings I have left with my priority credit card?

travisrutledge
Explorer C

Hi everyone,

I have a Southwest priority credit card, which provides four upgraded boardings per year. I have two questions:

1) How do I know how many upgraded boardings I have left this year?

2) How do I know when my upgraded boardings refill for the next annual billing period? In other words, if I run out of all of my upgraded boardings this year, how can I figure out when I will get another round of four?

Thanks for your help! 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: How do I check my how many upgraded boardings I have left with my priority credit card?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

I actually have the same card and same questions!  Here are the T&Cs per Chase:

"Each anniversary year you will be reimbursed for the purchase of up to 4 Upgraded Boardings which are positions A1-A15. Upgraded Boardings may be purchased at the departure gate or ticket counter on the day of travel only, when available. Price of Upgraded Boardings is based on your itinerary. Anniversary year means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year. Eligibility for Upgraded Boardings for accounts that switch to this product: Account open date is the date the switch is official in the Chase system. After you make your purchase with your Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Card, you will receive a statement credit for the price of the Upgraded Boardings. Statement credit and purchase of Upgraded Boardings may not post on the same statement; please allow up to 8 weeks for the statement credit(s) to post to your account. You may purchase all 4 Upgraded Boardings at one time or on separate flights; you will only be reimbursed via statement credit for the first four Upgraded Boardings you purchase during your anniversary year. Account must be open and not in default at the time the statement credit is posted to your account."

With that said, I am not aware of a way to easily find this information out!  I have on my to-do list to actually call Chase to ask to find out when my anniversary date is and how many upgraded boardings I have used.  I would recommend you do the same, and if we get more, we can be sure to post here!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Re: How do I check my how many upgraded boardings I have left with my priority credit card?

Cyndyjoy
Explorer C

I called Chaae about this today and she was unable to tell me my anniversary date without going month by month to check- she did tell me how many I have left (I think) it was very very very hard to understand her as the call is outsourced outside US. I have a pretty good ear but still had a hard time.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Cyndyjoy wrote:

I called Chaae about this today and she was unable to tell me my anniversary date without going month by month to check- she did tell me how many I have left (I think) it was very very very hard to understand her as the call is outsourced outside US. I have a pretty good ear but still had a hard time.

I have two Chase cards. Both let me review statements going back several years. So uness you've had your card for a very, very long time, you should be able to use that funcionality to find your first statement - which translates into your anniversary month.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@travisrutledge wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a Southwest priority credit card, which provides four upgraded boardings per year. I have two questions:

2) How do I know when my upgraded boardings refill for the next annual billing period? In other words, if I run out of all of my upgraded boardings this year, how can I figure out when I will get another round of four?

Thanks for your help! 

For question 1)

You should be able to log in to your Chase account and select to view "all transactions".

When I do that in the Chase mobile app all of my payments and credits are red while all expenses are blue. Then scroll and review all of the red transactions.

When I do that on my computer I just sort by the amount and look through the negative values that are the credits and payments.

For question 2)

You can get a pretty good idea based on when your annual fee was charged.  Using either of the methods listed above just scroll to the look for the line with the $149.00 annual membership fee.  I agree that if you want to know the exact date of when the anniversary year counter resets that you should get in touch with Chase.

Customer | Home airport DCA

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@SWDigits Good word, and while that may work, ain't nobody got time for that! LOL

I would like to see Chase create a dashboard to track these benefits!

SWDigits
Aviator A

@elijahbrantley it literally took me less than two minutes Smiley Tongue 

Customer | Home airport DCA

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@travisrutledge wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help! 

I think the answer to both 1 and 2 will be to call Chase on the customer service number on the back of the card.

These may also show on the statement, I haven't upgraded myself yet although I plan to so I can't say for sure if there is a record of your boarding benefit on each statement. If not, then I'd suggest that as a feature to the Chase team.

Your upgraded boardings will replenish on your cardmember anniversary, so if you remmeber the first month that you received a statement, it will be that time next year. But you can call to confirm or review your online statements to verify when the account started.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

GwenDS
Explorer C
Solution

I've found the dashboard that everyone's looking for! I don't know if it's something new, but here it is:

Log into your account on Chase. From the Accounts tab, locate your Southwest Visa, and click on the three dots to the right (next to "Pay Card"). Select "Rewards Dashboard" and look for the "Upgraded Boarding" panel toward the bottom right.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@GwenDS I love this new Dashboard! So very helpful!