Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How do you transfer points from Chase?

Bchappell278
Explorer C

I have 52k points on my Chase Southwest card and I can't seem to figure out how to transfer them to the SW account so I can buy a flight.  I go to Reward Center and click redeem, and it transfers me to a basic southwest page.

I've clicked every single place I can find, and I log in to my Chase Ultimate Rewards page, and sometimes it's just a blank page "We are unable to log you in at this time".

Why can't I just simply transfer my points from my Chase SOUTHWEST card, to the Southwest site?

I'm going to be really upset if I spent 6 months racking up points on my Chase Southwest card for them not to be able to be used.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How do you transfer points from Chase?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Rapid Rewards points earned via a Southwest branded credit card transfer to your RR account automatically every month shortly after your billing cycle closes. Contact Chase to verify what RR account number they are sending to. It's possible they established a new RR account for you when you opened the credit card instead of using an existing RR account.

--TheMiddleSeat

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Agreed, when you apply for the card you provide the RR# number. It is typically pretty seamless. Check with Chase hoping your points have not been deposited in some else's RR account!

If it's just a different RR account it is easy to combine accounts

Bchappell278
Explorer C

Thank you.  They must have the wrong RR# then.  I noticed on one of the Chase pages that it said "transferred x,xxx points this month" and nothing has been transferred.

I have 13k in my Southwest account and 53k on the Chase card.

So it sounds like something isn't transferring correctly.

Thanks!