Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How long does it take for my Rapid Rewards points to transfer from Chase to my Southwest account?

Caitiemayhugh
Explorer C

How long does it take for my Rapid Rewards points to transfer from Chase to my Southwest account? I recieved my Chase billing statement yesterday and I have new points. How long until they post to my Southwest account?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How long does it take for my Rapid Rewards points to transfer from Chase to my Southwest account

franktravel
Aviator B

My points post to my Rapid Reward account between 3-7 days after the due date on the credit card. 

Re: How long does it take for my Rapid Rewards points to transfer from Chase to my Southwest account

Jrolly
Explorer C

Im new but my bill was paid about 3 weeks ago and though they show up on my chase account, they have not been transferred yet

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Jrolly wrote:

Im new but my bill was paid about 3 weeks ago and though they show up on my chase account, they have not been transferred yet

Points are sent by Chase to Southwest when your account closes (and the statement is issued) each month. They should show up on the Southwest side within a few days. This is completely independent of any payment -- the points are earned based on your purchases.

It sounds like there may be a problem here. I'd recommend contacting Chase to verify that they have the correct Rapid Rewards number attached to your account. If you verify that everything is correct, then reach out to Southwest Customer Relations and have them look into it (I recommend via Twitter for the quickest response).

Good luck, I hope this helps!