Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to add a ticket to my Rapid Rewards account / Pin #?

Mistyeyedone
Explorer C

We purchased tickets to Colorado for my sons wedding and it got postponed due to COVID so we have "credit" for these flights. When we purchased the tickets we didn't have a Rapid Rewards account.

Well... the wedding was called off and I am getting ready to purchase another flight for a vacation and planned to use the credit for my ticket and I decided I should probably create a Rapid Rewards account and add the ticket to it before I purchase the new ticket but I don't see a way too.

I tried to call Southwest and it hangs up as soon as I call and the same with my husbands phone, no answer on Twitter or Messenger and I assume it is due to the weather fiasco in the news.

We were never given a voucher or credit code for these flights and we were just told to use the confirmation code. However when my daughter just recently booked a trip to use her credit they asked for a pin# and she had to call because we were never given one. 

Anyone have some guidance or advice for me how to add the confirmation code to my RR account and how to find this pin#

Thanks!

M~

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to add a ticket to my Rapid Rewards account / Pin #?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The confirmation number from the cancelled flight is what you need to apply the travel fund credit to your purchase.  No need to add/save it to your account although that will happen with future credits now that you have a RR account.  When purchasing the new flight you can apply the travel fund by typing in the confirmation number in the payment section of the purchase screen.  Be sure to "apply" the fund before completing the purchase.

There is no PIN associated with a travel fund.  A voucher which is given as compensation for delays and other customer service issues may have a PIN.  After cancelling a flight you would not have a PIN on your travel fund.

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

Travel funds is normally tied to a reservation number, so if your $100 flight under confirmation code ABCDEF was cancelled, your $100 in travel credit is linked to confirmation code ABCDEF. When you go to book a new flight, when you go to pay you will see options to enter travel funds or a voucher or a gift card. Try entering the confirmation code into the travel funds section and see if it is accepted. 

Now that you have a Rapid Rewards account, once you book your flight you will be able to see your flight info in your account and you will have the options to change it, cancel it, etc. and you will get Rapid Rewards points for all future flights going forward. 

Let us know if you need further help on this. 

--Jessica

Mistyeyedone
Explorer C

Thanks for your response! I went ahead and tried to book the ticket and now realize that my original ticket that my husband purchased for all of us was purchased without my middle name and now it won't let me use it. Do you think there is anyway to fix this online as the hold time right now says 2 hours? 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Log out of your RR account then book the ticket with the name that matches the travel fund. You may or may not be able to put your RR# on reservation. That will at least get the flight booked then you can try to get your RR# added later which may require calling, but could be done at a less busy time.

--TheMiddleSeat