Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to get last minute points?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

I know there are quite a few Rapid Rewards Members trying earn last-minute Rapid Rewards Points before the end of the year. What is your best advice for them? How have you done it in the past?

Share your tips and tricks on this thread and help everyone out!

12 REPLIES 12

Re: How to get last minute points?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

If I find I will be short on flights I book a day trip someone close by like austin to Houston or Dallas or if I am in Florida I book Orlando to Atlanta because there is no minimum spend requirement which is nice so booking the $42 flights $84 RT is nice and not to expensive 

hope this helps

Blake 

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

1800flowers has an offer of 1000 points for spending 29.99 Must use code RR41. Go through Southwest Shopping website for 1800flowers and earn an extra 7 points per dollar spent. My points posted to my account in about a week!! After delivery.  

Alamo car rental from your local airport for same day or one day can give you 600 points.  Points post to my account the day after the rental. 

Good Luck!!

WWest1980
Explorer C

Can you earn points buying SW Gift cards? 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi  @WWest1980,

Yes, if you're using your Chase Visa Rapid Rewards Card, you'll receive 2 points for each $1 spent on purchases made directly with Southwest Airlines, including the Southwest gift card. 

Kfunston
Explorer C

If I purchase a Southwest gift card with my Chase Visa Rapid Rewards card do I have to wait for the billing cycle to see the points or will they be credited to my account immediately?

Thanks!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Kfunston wrote:

If I purchase a Southwest gift card with my Chase Visa Rapid Rewards card do I have to wait for the billing cycle to see the points or will they be credited to my account immediately?

Thanks!

Purchasing a gift card is no different from any other purchase on your RR Visa. You'll be awarded the points after your card closes for the month.

WWest1980
Explorer C

Can you use this more than once? I need 1500 points 

WWest1980
Explorer C

Tried this - it's a SCAM. It does NOT count for tier qualifying points!!! 

Sfarrell8
Explorer C

Yes - but understand that wnen you purchase the flowers for those quick points - your will get hit with a $20 delivery fee - PER ITEM - even if they are all going to the same address...  I called directly and got the fee knocked down to $14 each, but they would not consolidate the delivery fee.  I ordered the chocolate baskets.

Stephanie K. Farrell