Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to use points for flights and hotels

Teenamarie
Explorer C

Hi!

I will be flying from Reno to Los Angeles every month for a couple of days or so each month, all this year. In 2 weeks I have to stay in L.A. for 2 weeks and get a rental car as well. Is there a place on this site that explains how to combine all these things? Starting in March is when I'll have to go to L.A once a month, maybe twice a month. I will always have to get a hotel, rental car, and flights. Also, I do not have a Southwest credit card.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to use points for flights and hotels

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

If you're talking about earning points for your hotel and rental car stay, look under the Partners page on the Southwest website for participating hotels and rental companies. You aren't required to book through the Southwets site, you just need to use the codes when making your reservations and make sure your RR number is included. There are sometimes special promotions so check those as well.

If you're talking about using your Rapid Rewards points to book hotels and rental cars, you have to have the Southwest Visa Card to be able to do that.

Hope this helps!

Teenamarie
Explorer C

Thank you so much chgoflyer! Heart

kasey
Explorer C

When you say you aren't required to book thru SW website, I'm not quite sure what this means?  So, if I go onto my account with the Choice Privileges program (which is a Southwest partner), and book/reserve a room, where/how do I ensure I earn the RR points for the booking?

And, just a few minutes ago I asked, will I earn BOTH Choice Privileges program points AND Rapid Rewards points?  Whether I book thru SW website or not??

chgoflyer
Aviator A

If you provide your RR number you'll earn RR points, as well as the Hotel points you'll earn from each individual Hotel program.

More info about Choice Rewards partners here: EARN AIRLINE MILES FOR EVERY STAY