Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I Dont want someone to book for me with his points

condliff
Explorer C

I don't want anyone to book flight for me with there own point am not interested in that so what can I do you avoid it?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I Dont want someone to book for me with his points

bec102896
Aviator A

So your saying you don't want someone to buy you a flight with points which doesn't cost you anything? 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

We might need a little more background information if you are comfortable to share it. 

A1: I don't know for sure but I would expect there to be some fine print that says someone should not book a ticket for another person against their wishes. 

A2: In practice if someone ignored that fine print, I don't know what would prevent them from making the booking with a name and date of birth. If they also added Rapid Rewards info or provided you with the confirmation number then in theory you could cancel the booking, or if you called and could identify yourself as the person that was booked. 

Points are not for sale between individuals so the terms of Rapid Rewards wouldn't let you "pay" the other person for the points but I'm not sure about paying them back for the flight.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I assume this has something to do with the conversion of travel funds into Rapid Rewards points, and that the OP is really complaining about the non-transferability of funds from a purchase they made.

Conversion into points is really the best option that exists. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

This is too easy to answer!  Pay for the ticket yourself with your own money.