Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I have personal SW CC with hubby as authorized user, can he get his own?

jamieRN
Explorer C

Hello!

I have personal Southwest Credit Card with hubby as authorized user and got the bonus points. Is he able to open HIS OWN SW CC for bonus points under his RR account? Or does his having an authorized user card count as his "one personal SW CC" that he is allowed to have at a time? Will he have to cancel his authorized user card first? Would he then have to wait 24 months?

Jamie

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I have personal SW CC with hubby as authorized user, can he get his own?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Remove him as an authorized user then he can apply.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jamieRN wrote:

Hello!

I have personal Southwest Credit Card with hubby as authorized user and got the bonus points. Is he able to open HIS OWN SW CC for bonus points under his RR account? Or does his having an authorized user card count as his "one personal SW CC" that he is allowed to have at a time? Will he have to cancel his authorized user card first? Would he then have to wait 24 months?

Jamie

He may not be eligible for a new cardmemember bonus if that's what you are indirectly asking about, but he can apply for his own card once you remove him from the other card.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'm not sure if he would need to be removed from your account.

I am pretty sure that he would be eligible for the bonus when he gets his own . He is current ly using your card under your social security number. His own card would be under his social security number.

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C

My wife and I each have a SW CC under our own names with the other one as an authorized user. We each received the bonus when we signed up. Purchases made on her card go to her RR account. Purchases made on my card go to my RR account.