Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I will never Refer-A-Friend again!!

dapoet123
Explorer C

I referred my cousin, who was approved thru the link back in February, and who has since received his bonus points months ago. I never received my points tho🤔. Called a number of times, then was finally told somehow they didn't have record of it. I got my cousin on the phone to verify it in April, was given an apology, and told I would receive my referral points shortly. It's now July 7, and I haven't seen a dn thing! They keep giving me the run around and I'm sick of it. This is bad business. DO NOT REFER ANYONE TO THIS CARD! THEY DO BUT HONOR THEIR PROMOTIONS! Sickening! 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: I will never Refer-A-Friend again!!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sounds like a problem with Chase, not Southwest. 

--TheMiddleSeat

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

and did your friend use the link you sent them to sign up, or did they go through a different link?  If they didn't use your link, you won't get the points.

dapoet123
Explorer C

Did you read the post? 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

You mention that your cousin received "bonus points," but not how many. Since the referral offer sometimes includes less points than the "usual" sign-up bonus, some who receive the referral navigate to a different page which offers a larger bonus. Doing so means the person making the referral receives nothing. This is often the cause of the issue you are reporting.

dapoet123
Explorer C

Nope, he used the link, and they verified later. I just haven't received them.