Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Invalid Deal/Southwest trying to scam me???

LEByrum
Explorer C

Hello,

I received a postcard from Chase/Southwest directing me to a link to choose a 15 year card anniversary gift. When I enter the link address, it says "the event has ended". I sent an email to customer support with no response. The exact link is:

https://southwestcardanniversary.com/15year

Is there something I am missing here? I have been trying since ( May 5th 2022) the day I received the post card in the mail. The post card said the selection was due by 05/06/2022 (I only just found this website).

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Invalid Deal/Southwest trying to scam me???

dfwskier
Aviator A

1) It's  Chase not a Southwest offer. It is/was valid.

2) Apparently the offer has ended

LEByrum
Explorer C

The website is a SWA site?

The has never been valid since I received the post card... I received the card on 04 May 2022 and the "Event Ended" where the card stated 06 May 2022 and the page hasn't ever worked...

dfwskier
Aviator A

southwestCARDanniversary.com is not southwest.com.

I don't know why Chase would have sent it to you, since it was to go to Chase customers that had owned the Chase Southwest card for 15 years.

LEByrum
Explorer C

I would love to share the post card, it is mutually from SWA and Chase. As far as the Marketing is the Post card marketing offer is dual owned by both! Neither is owning up to the program. I have been a member of SWA's CC and only a member of Chase for 8 years.. 

In anycase I would hope there is a means to have SWA Marketing clear this up as I have the same question asked to Chase....

dfwskier
Aviator A

Let;s make sure you understand the relationship between Chase and Southwest.

Chase buys Rapid Rewards points from Southwest.

This allows Chase to use the Southwest name in the Chase promotions.

When there is a Chase promotion involving RR points, Chase alone decides who gets however many points.

Then Chase tells Southwest to add X number of points to a RR member's account.

As for why both the Chase name and the Southwest name is in a promotion, well since Chase is using the lure of RR  points in an attempt to generate credit card  business, it wouldn't make sense to do that sans the RR or Southwest names.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Plenty of other posts about this (like this one).

Looks like the promotion - and link for that matter - was temporary. It no longer loads for me.

--Jessica

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Just know that the only thing for certain is, regardless of what's on the card, it's a CHASE card promotion, not SWA.  Therefore any scam would be on CHASE, not SWA.