Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Is there anyway to gain points for A-List other than purchasing higher fares?

RLC
Explorer C

Is there anyway to gain points for A-List other than purchasing higher fares?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is there anyway to gain points for A-List other than purchasing higher fares?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Normally flying has to be the primary way you earn A-List, with some points earning possible via credit card spend, but now there is a promotion that would allow you to earn A-List vis credit card spend only, you just have to spend A LOT.

https://www.southwest.com/TQPCM20/

As you mentioned, you can also earn more points by purchasing Anytime of Business Select fares.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Is there anyway to gain points for A-List other than purchasing higher fares?

RLC
Explorer C

Thank you

bec102896
Aviator A

When I'm short a few flights of earning A List I look for cheap day trips to earn status based on segments so for example i find the $45 flights from AUS to DEN and just go back and fourth same day since southwest doesn't make you spend so much money on top of segments to earn status unlike the other airlines. 

-Blake

RLC
Explorer C

Thank you

gsking
Aviator C

And don't forget "points" are really only achievable with higher fares.    The easier route mentioned is "flights"...to get to the 25 legs.  The old either/or, and for most of us I think the 25 flights is the easier milestone to hit.  I doubt many people get it on points unless they are flying cross country on Anytime fares for business.  But I think that's what youare looking for.

One other thing to consider with Covid is the reduced schedule.  You likely have fewer flights to choose from to get those legs in, and hopefully the price isn't higher.

If you have time to book out in the future for best fares, there may be one other trick/glitch.  All my flights for Oct and Nov have been shifted to the reduced schedule, so now I get the choice of moving them with no increase in fee. 

The December flights appear to have the full schedule, so you may be able to load some flights at that time, in the cheap seats, and have the added flexibility to move them around to more opportune times when and if they shuffle the schedule in the coming weeks.

Hope that makes sense.