Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Jan 4-Mar 4 Companion Pass not showing in account

twinsmom44
Explorer A

My promotional CP is still not showing in my account and I have to add my CP to my flight for Thursday 1/5.

I have not received an email with a link but do have the email confirming I earned the pass back in October.

I spoke with a CS rep at about 10:30 p.m. EST on 1/3 and she confirmed that I should see the CP button appear on my reservations in the system.  It is now 1:30 a.m. on 1/4 and even by CST time zone it is after midnight and still no email nor CP button to add to my reservations.

Did anyone else with the promotional CP receive your email with a link to add your companion or see the CP button in an existing reservation to add someone?

This is my first CP experience so I feel nervous that I'm not going to be able to add my CP for the flight at 5:30 a.m. on Thursday 1/5- just over 24 hours from now.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.  🙂

70 REPLIES 70

Re: Jan 4-Mar 4 Companion Pass not showing in account

twinsmom44
Explorer A

ANSWER: I spoke with a CS who indicated she had information stating that the promotional pass should load on 1/4 "between midnight and 5:00 a.m. CST" and there should also be "an email with instructions" arriving during that same time frame.

Fingers crossed this is accurate.

seantan2015
Explorer C

I hope so too. I have flight today that I need to add my companion too. One CS rep told me at 1AM and another said she had no idea so I hope they're not just saying whatever just for the sake of ending the phone call with us. Southwest has just been in shambles ever since Covid.

swansonj16
Explorer C

Any luck? We are approaching 5am CST and I still have no email 

twinsmom44
Explorer A

Still NOTHING and it is 7:30 am EST/6:30 CST.

on hold once again with CS… 4th time in less than 12 hours….

twinsmom44
Explorer A

Just got off the phone with “Joe” at CS.  He says the latest update to them indicates 9:45 am CST for email/posting to accounts.  He said his first three calls today have been about this mess promotional CPs not yet being issued.
I have been a fan of SWA for a very long time but I don’t understand how (what should be) an automated email and CP load to designated accounts isn’t happening smoothly.  What kind of tech glass castle is behind the curtain at SWA?  Staff tracking system, weather communication system, CP system?  It seems the entire SWA technology infrastructure is in need of a major overhaul.

bandrlewis
Explorer C

Same here. We have a flight tomorrow that we planned to use these passes on. We already booked flights for our kids just in case it was sold out, but the main reason we participated in this promotion was to get the passes for this flight on the 5th. Have not received an email or see it appear in my Rapid Rewards account. 

bdeberard
Explorer C

We are in the same position. We are out of the country and the 844 number says will be international rates. Have flights tomorrow and we're counting on using 3 companion passes. 

swansonj16
Explorer C

I just talked to someone on the phone from Southwest. He said Southwest opens at 9am CST so we could see it in our accounts anytime from 9am - midnight CST... He did not indicate there would be an email sent out about it so keep checking your account. 

bandrlewis
Explorer C

We just got the email, but nothing in our accounts to designate the companion.