Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Jan 4-Mar 4 Companion Pass not showing in account

swansonj16
Explorer C

Same here

ceebeck44
Explorer B

Received email this morning. The link in the email leads to the old promotion site, sayiong program is closed.  The instructions in the email say to go to Accounts/Rapid Rewards and enter companion.  No such option currently.

twinsmom44
Explorer A

Same here.  I received email, followed instructions, still refreshing and no option to add companion.  Why does this have to be so difficult? They offered this promotion months ago and have had about two months to finalize the lists and get things loaded to release this morning at midnight.  What am I missing here (other than the ability to add my CP for tomorrow's flight)?  LOL!

Pennyabc123
Explorer C

Same here! I did talk to customer service (after an hour hold) and they said it will be today, just not sure when. Frustrating!

mamaD
Explorer C

1.5 hours on hold (for the third time) to be told it will be updated by the marketing dept sometime today. My daughter rec'd the email this morning. I didn't. So annoying!

bdeberard
Explorer C

We received the emails to all 3 accounts. Unable to add companions--please keep updating when yours works!

Sproutie
Explorer C

Thanks to those who waited on hold and posted Southwest's reply. I will keep checking like everyone else.

SoRo
Explorer B

SO frustrating! But comforting to read here that it's not just my account that's broken. I've been on hold for hours altogether and have never gotten through to anyone (I thought it was starting at midnight last night CST, but obviously not). 

Question -- we have specific flights we need to be on (this is for our honeymoon), so we were advised by a Southwest Agent months ago to book the flights for both of us, which we did, then we could cancel one if we are able to use the companion pass today. Do any of you know whether we need to cancel the booked flight for the  person using the companion pass before we can book that person using the companion pass? Does that ticket we cancel go into inventory? One of our legs has only 1 seat available, so this seems risky. Thanks!

seantan2015
Explorer C

I was told they would reimburse us once we added the companion but whether we receive flight credit or refund is based on which tier you chose. 

Sookers82
Explorer C

I wasn't able to reach an agent via call and stumbled across this post while on hold. While this is a frustrating experience, it is reassuring to know I'm not alone in waiting for the CP option to appear. I first tried to add a CP after midnight EST and it's still not there. I just hope there is still a seat remaining...