Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Jan 4-Mar 4 Companion Pass not showing in account

SoRo
Explorer B

Another quick question - once this does work, do any of you which website page will have the sign-up? The instructions for adding a companion pass says to go to your "Snapshot Tab" -- but which page is that?  Thanks!!

SoRo
Explorer B

Update: The just updated the website linked to in their email with: Congratulations. Your Rapid Rewards® Promotional Companion Pass® is now in your account and valid for travel. You can begin adding your Companion today at 12:00PM CT.

randar82
Explorer C

What a bunch of BS. These were supposed to be valid for travel starting on January 4th, not in the middle of the day. I'm sure there were people who traveled this morning thinking they would be able to add their companion at midnight or early this morning who were f**ked. Southwest strikes again.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@randar82 wrote:

What a bunch of BS. These were supposed to be valid for travel starting on January 4th, not in the middle of the day. I'm sure there were people who traveled this morning thinking they would be able to add their companion  

Did you?
I haven't heard anyone else say that.

If not you, stop complaining. 

SW said it would be available on 1/4, and it is.

It never promised availability on minute 1.

Pennyabc123
Explorer C

Has anyone been able to book yet?

twinsmom44
Explorer A

@SoRo thanks for the update.  I'm currently on hold (again) before you posted and I'm going to try to see if they can add my CP to my 1/5 reservation from their end- probably not because they usually see the same thing as I see on my dashboard.

As for the "snapshot tab", that confused me too, bec/I have no idea what that means.  My email provided these instructions though which is where I keep refreshing (now at noon CST):

Designate your Companion:

• Under My Account, navigate to the Rapid Rewards tab.

• Click Add Your Companion.

• Fill out Companion information and click Save.

SeattleRain
Explorer C

We have a flight at 5:15pm PST today - cannot add companion info. I've been up since 1am trying to figure out this thing. Called early in the morning and was told to wait for email. Received the email around 6am PST, but no place on the account page to add information for companion. Called again and got disconnected after 45 minutes. Called again, no recording while on hold (just silence) and hung up after 15 minutes. Called again, this time the recording said, “We are unable to answer your call at this time, please call again later”

SeattleRain
Explorer C

"Congratulations. Your Rapid Rewards® Promotional Companion Pass® is now in your account and valid for travel. You can begin adding your Companion today at 12:00PM CT."

I guess we will have to wait for 10am PST.

Jean_Jasinski
Adventurer C

I also did not receive any email or add companion to my account.  I have a flight on Jan. 9 so not as tight a timeframe as yours.  SWA is not answering the phone.  Get an "unable to accept your call at this time" message.

twinsmom44
Explorer A
Solution

IT'S THERE!!!! CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT UNDER RAPID REWARDS!  HOORAY!

Safe travels everyone!