Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Jan 4-Mar 4 Companion Pass not showing in account

ramanvans
Explorer C

Received Companion Pass but getting a similar error message when tried to book my companion. Hope SW resolves this issue soon

Sproutie
Explorer C

Was able to add companion (no updated email sent giving time it would be active) and when I went to book I got a ERROR message.

UGH UGH!

ramanvans
Explorer C

Was able to add companion and book. Booking error seems to be resolved as after multiple earlier attempts, this time it went through!

SoRo
Explorer B

Finally got the companion pass, but get an error message whenever I try to add the companion to any of my three flights. Have been on hold for over two hours now waiting for Southwest (after more than an hour earlier). 

TStreet22
Explorer C

Still nothing for me either...... I called and the CSR said 12p CST and that clearly was a lie especially after reading everyone else being told different answers by different CSRs. This can't be a real thing. I have no yellow box. I've logged out and in on several different devices including desktop, laptops and phones. Still nothing.

Why send the email out this morning if it wasn't live or working properly?

SoRo
Explorer B

Just spoke to a rep after 2.5 hour wait - she said they know this is broken and it unfortunately may not be fully fixed until tonight or tomorrow morning. She suggested that I keep trying. Ugh. 

Sookers82
Explorer C

The companion pass option appeared like magic just now when I rechecked, but I'm unable to add my companion to my flight now. 

swansonj16
Explorer C

I finally was able to book my companion! Keep checking and be patient 

abbyyoung015
Explorer C

Did they say anything about refunding flights if we need to go ahead and book for tomorrow without the companion? 

SoRo
Explorer B

Just keep trying - it eventually worked for us.  According to the rep we spoke with earlier today, you can book/pay for your companion in the meantime, then cancel that flight (for a credit) once the companion ticket is booked successfully. But we were told we would need to cancel the paid ticket quickly after booking the companion - they have a system that periodically looks for duplicate tickets and deletes one of them.  We did exactly this and it all seemed to work just fine (though we now have a bunch of flight funds).