Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Jan 4-Mar 4 Companion Pass not showing in account

SoRo
Explorer B

p.s. -- best to do the temporary paid companion ticket as a separate ticket, so it's easy to cancel without impacting the original ticket. 

Rdmd
Explorer C

Bottom line in all of this was SWA was ill prepared to roll out anything after the holiday season.  The Board should look very closely at removing the CEO as this shows a lack of leadership.  

Sookers82
Explorer C

Update: Finally no error message on the 20th or so attempt ...got my companion booked! Good luck to anyone who's still getting the errors. Hoping the flight is smoother than this online user experience. 

sada9228
Explorer C

What form of payment did you use? I saw one person used Apple Pay so I tried that and got the error (after the success ding from my phone) but my apple pay shows the payment to Southwest and my apple cash balance was reduced.... No confirmation page, no email, nothing. I also still have the "add companion" button on the flight.  

Sookers82
Explorer C

I used my Visa card that was already saved to my account. I saw the text notification on my phone that my card was charged before seeing the booking went thru on the website. Since your payment was taken, that should mean the booking went through. When you log back into your account, does it show two confirmations in Upcoming Flights? Mine displays my Confirmation and now a second 'Companion confirmation' # beneath it.

sada9228
Explorer C

Booking error SOLVED! Don't use Apple Pay or Pay Pal! When you get the error message just scroll down and click to confirm until it works. It took me 20-30 tries but it FINALLY worked. I saw another user got it to work this way too. 

Pennyabc123
Explorer C

It finally worked! I got the ability to add the companion about 3:00 and then after 30+ attempts while being on hold for 2 hours it all of sudden went through. I agree, don’t use PayPal! I never did talk to CS because I hung up when it finally worked! Yea! 

FearlessFreep
Explorer C

Worked for me - added Companion right after it came out and then waited until late afternoon to add the Companion to the reservation.

Jean_Jasinski
Adventurer C

Still no yellow button or email for me.  I spoke with a phone rep this morning who actually looked up my account and said I appear to have fulfilled all the requirements.  She forwarded my case over to the marketing/promotions team and said I should get a resolution within 24 hours.  I do have a case number :).  Much better than being told to be patient.  I booked my companion's ticket (for Jan. 9) using points so that when/if the companion pass shows up, I can cancel that flight with a full refund of points back to my account.

gregyar
Explorer C

Is anyone still having this issue? Our companion pass was not eligible until 1/8, and it has disappeared with no way of adding companion. Is there a specific path we need to follow to have the companion pass reinstated?