Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

July 1 to Oct 31 Bonus promotion

MaryAnnB
Explorer C

I earned a 10000 point bonus from the July 1 to October 31 bonus promotion.  It has not posted to my rr account yet.  I need it to post by 12/31 to earn a companion pass.  The fine print of the promotion stated it could take 8 weeks to post ... which would be 12/26.  What do you think?  Will I get it in time to earn the companion pass?  I only need 3000 of the bonus points to make it to the companion pass.  My credit card posts on 12/1.  Should I scramble to get an additional 3000 on my card just in case?

Thanks for any help you can give

8 REPLIES 8

Re: July 1 to Oct 31 Bonus promotion

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Which promotion are you referring to?  Are you certain the points will be Companion Pass qualifying?

--TheMiddleSeat

MaryAnnB
Explorer C

Yes I'm sure.  it ran from July 31 to Oct 31, spend $10000, earn 25% bonus

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You still weren't clear, but I'll assume you are referring to a promotion offered by Chase on one of their credit cards.  There are other ways to earn promotional points for spending so it's helps to be as specfic as possible.  If my assumption is correct you could reach out to Chase and inquire, but I suspect you won't get much info.  As @dfwskier points out you may want to have a backup plan.  There are lots of ways to earn 3000 points, take a look at Rapid Rewards Shopping or Hotels with bonuses.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Which promotion are you referring to?  Are you certain the points will be Companion Pass qualifying?

--TheMiddleSeat

Good point. I don't believe that all bonus points are CP qualifying.

To play it safe, you could buy $1500 of Anytime fares for 2020 flights which would earn you 3000 RR points  since Southwest purchases on the card earn 2X points.

If the 10,000 come thru and are qualifying, than you could cancel the ticket purchases and get your money back. If it turns out the 10,000 don't get you there, you could cancel the Anytime purchase, keeping the $1500 as credits to use on other SW tickets - for travel to be completed within one year of the original ticket purchase date. .

jdurant1981
Explorer C

Earn a 25% bonus

Register to earn up to 25,000 bonus points this year.

When you have at least 6,000 points posted to your Rapid Rewards® account between 12/1/19 and 2/29/20 under the category of “Credit Card,” you’ll be eligible for a 25% bonus (up to 25,000 bonus points).

For example, if you have 2,000 points from your Rapid Rewards Credit Card post to your account each month during December, January, and February, you’ll earn 1,500 bonus points from Southwest.

Those 1,500 bonus points will count towards Companion Pass, too!

MaryAnnB
Explorer C

Love that idea.   I'm going to purchase  a flight (or flights!) today!   

Thank you so much

baseballfan1985
Explorer C

My bonus points posted within the last couple of days!

puckstopper55
Explorer B

Same here! i got mine yesterday along with a customer service adjustment of 0 points, lol.