Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Just reached points needed for A List and Companion Pass - Now what?

tina75098
Explorer C

Can someone point out where I need to go to get my benefits for reaching A List and Companion Pass points?

I made A list last month, but haven't seen anything yet and my companion pass should be in the next few days once my credit card points post.

Do I need to contact someone?  I saw something about welcome kits and membership cards, but do we have to request them?    Sorry for asking the question that must have been asked before, but I couldn't find the right web page to answer it.

THanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Just reached points needed for A List and Companion Pass - Now what?

SWFlyer007
Aviator C
Solution

For me in the past I'm usually notified via email and on the points circle when you go to your account page.  It should show on the account page, "You've reached AList status, or you've earned enough points for a companion pass.  I've never needed to contact anyone.  

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Give it a few days for the system to get caught up.  

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

As far as your, "card."  I get a card in the mail with me and my companions name on it.  Again, nobody to contact.  I've even been informed about gaining companion status and book a flight the next day and was able to add my companion.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Did they send new cards on subsequent years? I don't remember now if we keep getting new companion cards or not.

The A-list card is useful mainly for the A-list phone number which I would save to your phone addressbook.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Yes, you get them each year that your companion becomes eligible.  Not really sure why, I've never taken it with me, nor have I ever been asked for it.