Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Keep Your A-List Preferred Perks e-mail..great news!

Goforwand1
Adventurer B

With no real pick up in work travel so far this year, I was pondering a way just to salvage A-List status for 2022 and out of nowhere, SWA comes to the rescue! I already have 3 flights booked within the time frame so this is great news..now to focus on the Companion Pass LOL!

e-mail below:

We've made it easy for you to enjoy another full year of the A-List Preferred benefits you deserve. Really easy.

Simply fly two qualifying round trip flights (or four qualifying one-way flights) between August 19 and November 19, 2021 to keep your A-List Preferred benefits through December 31, 2022. This offer applies to all flights taken August 19 - November 19, regardless of when they were booked, including award travel! No registration required.

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Keep Your A-List Preferred Perks e-mail..great news!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Note: This seems to be targeted (only some RR members will receive the offer).

The most interesting aspect to me is "...regardless of when they were booked, including award travel! No registration required." The first two are a major departure for Southwest -- I can't recall them ever doing this. The last is a rarity.

I'm guessing they're experiencing a large number of cancellations due to covid/delta and are trying to stop the bleeding.

Goforwand1
Adventurer B

Perhaps they are seeing future cancellations now that vacation travel has peaked with kids back in school? Right now every flight is still jam packed.

My guess is they want to keep their high-volume business travelers that may lose status from jumping ship and looking at other airlines/programs so they are making it easier to stay

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Goforwand1 wrote:

Perhaps they are seeing future cancellations now that vacation travel has peaked with kids back in school? Right now every flight is still jam packed.

My guess is they want to keep their high-volume business travelers that may lose status from jumping ship and looking at other airlines/programs so they are making it easier to stay

Perhaps. Except I'm not following your logic. Those people booked flights for after the kids went back to school in the first place?

Your second part is likely dead on.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I've never seen a SW promotion where you did not have to register before buying the ticket.

Also, I've never seen a situation where points flights count., 

This offer is indeed unprecedented.

Now if SW would only let me upgrade to A-List Preferred based on my United 1K status ...

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Credit card multipliers are among the (relatively few) promotions that occasionally do not require registration.

gsking
Aviator C

Wow.   So unprecedented. 

Bummer...I just got both my preferred and my CP for next year.   Nothing for me.   And nothing for my barely A list wife. 

Best I can probably hope for is another  JanFeb CP.   

efeuer777
Explorer A

Got the same offer. Do I understand correctly that reservations booked with points also qualify?

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@efeuer777 wrote:

Got the same offer. Do I understand correctly that reservations booked with points also qualify?

That is correct.

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I don't think that this is great news at all. I've easily flown enough to keep A-List Preferred. Having other people get given status to compete with me for what are admittedly relatively few perks isn't good news. Perhaps they could be given A-List light and not ever get a higher boarding number then me? Then I'd consider that neutral news instead of bad.

Seriously though, good news would be an A-List check-in at OKC. The lines there can get very, very long early in the morning.