Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Keep Your A-List Preferred Perks e-mail..great news!

frandonovan124
Explorer C

I'm still waiting...so if anyone receives an email confirming completion of the promo, please post and let us all know.

I'm 3+ weeks out from my final qualifying flight on Sept 13, and still am hoping for that ' wait 4 weeks' timeframe and the email confirming my extended status.

thanks,

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@frandonovan124 wrote:

I'm still waiting...so if anyone receives an email confirming completion of the promo, please post and let us all know.

I'm 3+ weeks out from my final qualifying flight on Sept 13, and still am hoping for that ' wait 4 weeks' timeframe and the email confirming my extended status.

thanks,

I'm not sure that you'll receive an email... I'd check your account to see if the A-List expiration has been extended. If not by the 4 week mark I'd reach back out to Southwest.

The terms of the promo say:

A-List or A-List Preferred tier benefits status confirmation typically takes place within 4 weeks. Log in to your account at Southwest.com to verify your tier status after requirements are met.

Texasguy25
Explorer C

Hi.  I just signed up to the community to find out if anyone has yet received their A-List extension for 2022 based on the email offer mentioned.  It's been over 4 weeks since my last qualifying flight.  My email even indicated the flights I already had booked would get me to A-List and I didn't make any changes, but my status for 2022 hasn't yet updated.  Since today (11/19) is the last day, I'm thinking MAYBE they were waiting until the period ends to update everyone.  Their email isn't very specific, just says status will update after about 4 weeks.   If anyone else has done this and looked and seen their 2022 A-List status is updated, please comment.   Thanks much!

cyberroo
Explorer A

I actually reached out via Twitter today (since I've flown 11 one-way flights during the promotion) and was told that "members will actually begin seeing their Tier status within two weeks of the promotion ending."

I'm still a little concerned about award vs reward, but fingers crossed that it all works out!

cyberroo
Explorer A

Update - I was 3 flights short of A-list for next year, and today my status updated to A-List Plus through the end of 2022, so points flights definitely counted!

(now if only I hadn't panicked and rebooked three flights from points to cash...)

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I flew my forth qualifying flight (on points) on 11/13....and my status bow shows as valid thru 12/31/22. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

BLee
Explorer C

Hi.  I have a SWABIZ account and a regular Southwest Airlines account and neither shows that my status (A-List Preferred) has been extended.  However, when I login to the Southwest App on my iPhone, it shows A-List Preferred earned through 12/31/22.  I flew six segments during the promotional period.  Hope this helps.

waterboy179
Explorer C

Do flights taken on November 19th count? 

rhand63
Explorer C

Flights flown on Nov. 19th should count per the promo rules:

"Simply fly two qualifying round trip flights (or four qualifying one-way flights) between August 19 and November 19, 2021 to keep your A-List benefits through December 31, 2022. This offer applies to all flights taken August 19 - November 19, regardless of when they were booked, including award travel! No registration required."

MDTraveler
Explorer C

I’ve flown my qualifying segments as of 10/31/21 and had 4 different SW reps tell me I’ve qualified for A List renewal for ‘22. Yet, my account has not been updated to reflect it. Just this morning, I was told that they see in my record that I’ve qualified, but that no one’s will show up until a system-wide update on 12/31. Obviously, that’s false based on what some have written on this thread. I’m concerned because I have one more (expensive!) flight in ‘21 I can convert from a points to a paid business class fare to qualify. The rep this morning said I “absolutely do not need to do that.” 

Thoughts from those more experienced than I in dealing with Southwest?