Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Keeping Your A-List Preferred Perks Offer

new282
Explorer C

Received this wonderful offer recently. I have five qualifying one-way flights taken between 8/19/21 and 11/10/21. When can I expect the extension to appear in my account? Thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Keeping Your A-List Preferred Perks Offer

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

How long has it been since your 4th flight?

Terms say:

A-List or A-List Preferred tier benefits status confirmation typically takes place within 4 weeks. Log in to your account at Southwest.com to verify your tier status after requirements are met.

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

Did you book the flights after you received (and accepted) the offer? Most promotions require that you book and fly after you accept the offer, and flights that you booked before you accepted the offer don't count, even if you fly during the offer period. It's possible that this promo is exempt from that rule, but most are not.

--Jessica

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@jksobonya I think this one was an exception. I received he offer, and I was glad to find that you didn't have to book at a certain time. This one did not even require registration!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Texasguy25
Explorer C

I had this too and flew my flights and the email indicated my flights qualified since they were booked prior to the email, but my offer indicated it was regardless of when they were booked provided I flew by November 19.  I took my last flight that should have qualified under the offer over 4 weeks ago but my account doesn't show my A-List extended to 2022 yet.  Has anyone done this and received the update already?  I'm thinking since today is the last day of the period to fly, that it may update after today but not sure.  I've never had a southwest offer not come out as indicated, but admittedly, sometimes the wait to see part is killer.

cyberroo
Explorer A

I've been getting increasing nervous about this promo, wondering if the "reward" vs "award" fine print was going to leave me off the A-list for next year, so I've rebooked basically all of my points flights to cash for the rest of the year to make sure I hit my 25.

And then today I actually reached out via Twitter and was told that "members will actually begin seeing their Tier status within two weeks of the promotion ending."

So, the four-week timeline was wrong, and hopefully we'll all see our status renew around December 3.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I flew my fourth flight to qualify on 11/13 and my status now shows e ding 12/31/22!

-A List, Companion Pass holder