Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV Voucher Expiring in November

reyarl884
Explorer C

Is there a way to convert Luv Voucher to Rapid Rewards? I am worried cause I cannot use it nor give it to anyone. Funds were important to me and I really cant travel due to my health. I wish there was a way I wouldn't let this expire next month. If anyone has any tips, pls do recommend. I cannot just give it to away since the funds were my savings. Thanks for anyone's help.

16 REPLIES 16

Re: LUV Voucher Expiring in November

dfwskier
Aviator A

@reyarl884 wrote:

Is there a way to convert Luv Voucher to Rapid Rewards? I am worried cause I cannot use it nor give it to anyone. Funds were important to me and I really cant travel due to my health. I wish there was a way I wouldn't let this expire next month. If anyone has any tips, pls do recommend. I cannot just give it to away since the funds were my savings. Thanks for anyone's help.

I'm afraid that the only "legal" options are to use the voucher or give it to someone.

Some people are selling them on eBay - although this is supposedly forbidden.

reyarl884
Explorer C

I cannot convert to points like what some people have done?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Had you purchased a flight, cancelled it, and received a travel fund before September 7, 2020 you could have converted to RR points, but that is no longer an option.

--TheMiddleSeat

reyarl884
Explorer C

These Luv Vouchers were just issued this month. Oh no, so I really have no way?

bec102896
Aviator A

@reyarl884 wrote:

These Luv Vouchers were just issued this month. Oh no, so I really have no way?

If the voucher was just issued this month you should have 6 or 12 months to use the voucher. Maybe things will improve and you could travel somewhere. Otherwise as suggested you could gift it to someone or try eBay but it is against the rules to sell the voucher so you would be doing that at your own risk. 

-Blake

reyarl884
Explorer C

I was told they have to be flown and used before the expiration date since they were issued more than once and cannot extend it after... 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

So... your voucher has already been reissued (extended)?

reyarl884
Explorer C

Yes. This is the last time. My condition worsened and due to covid I have no choice. They said they can’t do a trying about it, I’m worried these funds really matter to me to just have to give it away for free. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I'm not sure I'm fully understanding your situation, but if you had a Luv Voucher that has already been extended once it's unlikely Southwest would make any other sort of accommodation (after the at least two they've already made -- reissuing your expired Travel Funds as a voucher and then extending that voucher once it expired).

Sorry.