Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Laithwaites Wine Offer

arielle
Explorer C

I know the 2,000 point offer for Laithwaites says it takes 6-8 weeks for the points to hit your RR account, but I'm wondering if anyone has done the order recently and saw them hit earlier? I know there's nothing I can do about it now but wait, but I ordered a few weeks ago and I'm wondering if there's any chance the points will hit my account before the end of the month.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Laithwaites Wine Offer

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sorry, it was doesn't seem like anyone has any experience with this offer. Hopefully you can reply back when you do get the points posted so others will know in the future. 

--TheMiddleSeat

arielle
Explorer C

The points still haven't posted (ordered 11/22) so I called Southwest RR today. The rep said the points DO count toward companion pass, and are based on the purchase date (NOT the date they post to your account). She said I will likely not see them until the first few weeks of January, but once they do post my companion pass for 2020 will go into effect since the points will put me over the threshold. I'll report back once they post just in case anyone goes through this next year.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

While I agree they will be counted as Companion Pass qualifying points, I do not agree Southwest will base the date on the order date and count them towards 2019 CP if they post in 2020. Unless you have that in writing, I would not rely on what you heard. Southwest has no idea what your order date is and will base the date on when Laithwaites orders the points from Southwest and assigns the points to your account.

--TheMiddleSeat

SWDigits
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Unless you have that in writing, I would not rely on what you heard. Southwest has no idea what your order date is and will base the date on when Laithwaites orders the points from Southwest and assigns the points to your account.

--TheMiddleSeat

+1

I too would want that in writing, even if it's in the form of a Twitter conversation. Contact options, to include the Twitter handle, are listed on the "Contact Us" links.

Customer | Home airport DCA

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

I realize this seems odd, but there are many point offers that can post in the next year but retroactively trigger Companion Pass if the purchase was made in the previous one. Southwest spells it all out at the link below. It's a great reference, one you'll want to save.

2019 Rapid Rewards® Qualifying Transactions for 2020 Status

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Once again @chgoflyer sets the record straight. I didn't realize that page also discussed purchases made in 2019, posting in 2020. Allowing points to back date seems different than in previous years, do you know if allowing points to post in the following year is a new change?

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Once again @chgoflyer sets the record straight. I didn't realize that page also discussed purchases made in 2019, posting in 2020. Allowing points to back date seems different than in previous years, do you know if allowing points to post in the following year is a new change?

--TheMiddleSeat

I'm not sure, but I think it was this way last year, at least. It does seem counterintuitive to everything we know about points posting, so I am glad that Southwest puts it in writing. 😉

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

So, bad news: The 2,000 bonus points posted to my account today, and unfortunately they are not Companion Pass qualifying. 😞

It looks like, as with most Rapid Rewards partners, points earned from regular Laithwaites' purchases do count, but any bonus points do not.

arielle
Explorer C

Well shoot. I got mine today too and same thing, they don't count. The rep who i talked to on the phone must have been confused. 

If anyone has a credit card statement date that just ended though, still take a look. My statement ended 12/27 and my points from that posted on 12/28 (so I still got the companion pass - phew!)