Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Last minute flight cancellation ruined my and my companion pass holders travel plans

Abunnell
Explorer C

Last minute flight cancellation was twice as painful - for me and my companion pass holder. No attempt by Southwest Airlines to help compensate for vacation day lost is horribly disappointing. Up to this point I have been a SW lover, flying the airline so much that I achieved companion pass status for the second time. Now, I’m disappointed and bitter. Fortunately American Airlines was able to come though for us! Last week my niece  had a similar experience with Southwest Airlines and Spirit Airlines saved the day for her!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Last minute flight cancellation ruined my and my companion pass holders travel plans

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey there,

While we're glad everyone's got the "American Spirirt" (get the pun?), we're sorry to hear of your troubles with Southwest. Have you reached out to customer service for potential credit due to the flight cancellation? Also, if you were at the gate already, did a gate agent assist with rebooking?

Apologies again,

Zev

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Re: Last minute flight cancellation ruined my and my companion pass holders travel plans

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution
For reference the phone number for Customer Relations is 1-855-234-4654.

That number and a whole host of others are found here (click on the link that says "More Contact Numbers"):
https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

Customer | Home airport DCA

dfwskier
Aviator A

One of the unfortunate facts of life is that every airline cancels flights, and every airline cancels flights at the last minute. I'm sure you an find complaints about American (as a metter of fact it has done that to me), Spirt, United, and yes, Southwest, too. 

If you fly enough, it will happen to you again - maybe on some other airline or maybe on Southwest.

That being said, I'm sorry your plans were ruined. If you want to discuss further, customer relations is the place to go. SWDigits gave you the phone number in the post above. 

rissag
Explorer C

I also had a similar situation which I posted 2 days ago.  It was not posted even though I received an email that congratulated me on my 1st posting.  Explain that?

My connecting flight was canceled on Friday, 15th at 12:07pm. to San Juan.  This flight was taking me to my 7-day Carribbean Cruise. Numerous calls were made as we were looking on the internet for different flights to get us to San Juan by 7pm Sunday. 

This would be a very long response if I told you all that we did and all that we went through to just get to San Juan by Sunday.  Remember!  It is noon on Friday and our 1st leg of our trip leaves at 8:55 am on Sunday!  We called, searched every available airline on the internet, cried, and stayed up all night trying to see if someone had cancelled their flight for us to grab!

HERE IS THE KICKER!  THE REASON GIVEN TO ME VERBALLY AND WRITTEN WAS MECHANICAL FAILURE.  BUT THE REAL REASON WHICH WAS FINALLY STATED TO ME WAS IT WAS NEEDED MORE SOMEWHERE ELSE!  MY PLANE WAS NOT A MAX737 BUT IT WAS NEEDED FOR FLIGHTS THAT WERE AFFECTED BY THE MAX737 SITUATION!

And now I am left to fight the Cruise Insurance to get a full refund.  Even though weather related plane issues is the only thing they cover!  So I asked them-"THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES ALONG WITH 49 OTHER COUNTRIES HAVE GROUNDED ALL MAX737s!  SO YOU ARE TELLING ME MY CRUISE WILL NOT BE COVERED?" And their answer was "yes".

I also have flown for many many many years on Southwest and always said..."only way to fly is on Southwest!"  Very disappointed and very angry right now!