Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Legal name change

TootieB
Explorer C

I've been trying for the last year and a half to change my name to my married name and the email address no longer works and trying to locate the area within Connect With Us, isn't clear to where to send the information.  There has to be a more friendly user area to make name changes and submit the documentation.  I need some assistance ASAP.  This process shouldn't be complicated. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Legal name change

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

To get a fast response I would send a private message to Southwest on Twitter or Facebook.  Ask what the process is and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

--TheMiddleSeat

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

According to SW's site, you have a few options:

"Name change requests may be submitted via the Connect With Us page on Southwest.com, in writing by mail to Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards, P.O. Box 36657, Dallas, Texas 75235, or by fax to 1-877-506-0154. Your written request must contain your current Member contact information (name, address, telephone number, and email address if available), Rapid Rewards account number, along with photocopies of your legal documentation (ex. Old government-issued photo ID and new government-issued photo ID, marriage license, divorce decree, etc.) or any other information Southwest may request that reflects your new legal name."

I am sorry you have not had luck with the Connect With Us email, but I agree that a message via social media might be a good option. If that team can't make the change, they can likely point you in the right direction; they are super responsive. Be sure to send all the necessary documentation.

We did this for my wife several years ago, and we used the fax option. It might be antiquated, but it worked very quickly for us. That could be an option for you too!

Good luck.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

@TootieB check out our Knowledge Base article: Help! My name changed since I booked my flight. The process is the same even if you don't have a flight currently booked.

Nicole
Community Manager

carlosm
Explorer C

Instructions on how to do this via Contact US email:

https://www.southwest.com/faq/my-account?clk=6590033#name-change

dfwskier
Aviator A

Thanks for letting others know.