Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lifetime Awards

mpbaker2
Explorer C

This is a minor thing, but for someone who has historically traveled 50-60 times/year, I find a strange sense of pride in what I have "accomplished", if it can be looked at as such. I would like to see how many lifetime flights/miles/points I have racked up on SWA after flying them for so many years, and maybe how that compares to some of the other Members in the community.

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Lifetime Awards

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @mpbaker2,

This is an interesting idea. I'm having some conversations with our Rapid Rewards Team about having a presence on this board so they can see and speak to some of great suggestions that are bubbling up through the conversation happening in here. Stay tuned!

Paul_Bonar
Explorer C

I recently found out that SWA does keep my lifetime Rapid Rewards total.  I learned that I had amassed over 2.6 million and what is scary is that made me kind of PROUD.  I have over 3.5 million on AA and I look to surpass that on SWA as soon as possible.  

I wish SWA gave that information to us on the website.

Thanks for the no change fees SWA.

PJB

giandonato
Explorer C

I'm curious... Where were you able to get your lifetime miles flown information from if not on the website?

Paul_Bonar
Explorer C

I was able to get this information from an agent at the airport.  Some of them don't seem to know that this information exists but at least one person did.  Ask your local Gate or Ticket agent to look it up for you.  You might have to try 2-3 different agents.

pjb

rburton12
Explorer A

This is a great question, just curious as it was asked back in August if any updates can be released?

Dr-Dirt
Explorer C

Did you find a way to report lifetime awards, or lifetime flights?

rajbro
Explorer C

As a frequent WN flyer, I do appreciate the RR program, and especially the Companion Pass which I regularly attain. It's the best FF program out there, in my opinion.

While the drink coupons are a nice gesture, most commonly I am traveling on business and do not have an opportunity to use them very often, if at all. It's just not a very valuable perk to me.

What might be more valuable to me is a "Lifetime" RR award, perhaps for 1,000,000 points? I realize points were only begun ~7 years ago, but I'm sure there could be some consideration given for segments flown prior to then. 

That, and beginning flights to Canada.

Paul_Bonar
Explorer C

Its been a little over a year since my first post and I thought I would look for any updates and other information.  Appearantly I travel to much because I was told that I am now over 3.6 million RR points for my lifetime travel.  Almost none of that is via credit card.  Its travel baby!

Sadly I have trips to Hawaii that I am having to plan but I can find no updated information on Hawaii travel for SWA.  I only know that its sometime in 2018.  Having to fly AA which doesn't excit me other than I might get bummped up to First Class since I am Lifetime with them.  Still I wish for the Southwest LUV.  

I do hope that somewhere down the line SWA dangles a carrott out there for us to go after that gives us that lifetime award so that when I do finaly retire that I can enjoy taking my wife to all those places that she has never been while raising our kids.

FYI, I don't drink either so I wish there was something other than drink coupons.  I just give them away or wait till I am headed to Vegas and give them to way to many people who have probalby already had to much to drink.

SteveD89
Explorer C

I agree on drink coupons. Instead I’d like some Business boarding coupons or priority boarding for my companion. 

I get high A list because of my status.  My companion has to pay $$ to get better boarding and they will never board with me Because they don’t have high A list.  

But its my COMPANION!!  They should board at my side.  Always.  It’s just crazy that either I give up my status and go board in A50 or whatever or don’t board with my companion.  If you are going to call it companion - treat it like a companion.