Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Linking Rapid Rewards Account to Credit Card

devin1492
Explorer C

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this but I want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.  My significant other and I opened the Southwest credit card as we both fly home often to visit family.  We opened the shared credit card so we could both use the point for flights home.  However, it appears we're only able link his Rapid Rewards account, meaning he's the only one that has access to the point we both earn on the credit card.  Am I correct in understanding the only way for me to use the points that I've also earned on the credit card is to pay to transfer point from his account to my account?  I hope I'm wrong because I'd hope being a loyal Southwest customer as well as paying an annual fee would get me more perks...

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Linking Rapid Rewards Account to Credit Card

dfwskier
Aviator A

@

Only one RR# can be tied to a card. If you want RR points deposited in your RR account, then you would need your own credit card.

You don't need to pay to have points transferred to you. Instead just have your significant other buy your tickets with points in his account.

Transferring points to another account costs money which badly impacts the value of points.

Re: Linking Rapid Rewards Account to Credit Card

SWDigits
Aviator A

You can both have your own Southwest credit card.  By my personal math it makes sense to have the personal Priority card if you fly Southwest at least once per year:

Cost: Annual fee of $149

Most easily quantified benefits: 

• $75 Southwest annual travel credit
  • 7,500 anniversary points (I value at more than 1 cent per point so greater than $75)

Even without putting any value on upgraded boardings or refunds on inflight purchases I feel like the annual benefits outweigh the annual cost.

Customer | Home airport DCA