Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Love SW! Lowered fares again!

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

Doin the happy dance!  I love the ease of being able to change my flights when they lower fares!  Booking with points makes it so very easy!  

originally booked MCI-TPA in January for 79,467 points for my family of 3 and DH as a companion.  then fares lowered again...  then they were even lower to fly to MCO...  then they changed the TPA flights again and lower yet, so booked back in TPA.  Then today, they are lower again...  All in all, I've gotten back 35,358 points just by checking these fares! 

So thankful for the ease in changing to a lower fare along with the flexibility to do so.  SW please don't ever change this policy! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Love SW! Lowered fares again!

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

Were you able to do this via the website or did you have to call Customer Service?  This aspect of Southwest was also one of my favorites, but I have not been able to make price changes for the same flights lately through the website.  Just wondering about the methodology used.  Thanks.

Re: Love SW! Lowered fares again!

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

Hi!  I used both the app and the website.  I did have to call once to cancel companion pass portion because it had been assigned a duplicate number.  but once that was done, works great on the app and the website.  

Sorry for the troubles you have had.