Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Luv Voucher, Customer Relations, NO ONE ANSWERING OR HELPING

sofipv
Explorer C

My partner and I submitted the paperwork necessary for a luv voucher on May 15th. It has been over the 30 day waiting period. I have called and asked for an update but received no help other than to keep waiting. I am wanting to use these funds for July 6th. The plan was to use them for round trip but SW has taken so long that we had to purchase our departure flight already. Only one employee was helpful in at least creating a reservation to hold the price of the tickets. I have submitted a form online and was told my case was sent to customer relations....that was over a week ago. I have now been on hold for the past 2 hours waiting for customer relations. I tried using a different phone to also get in line and the option to speak to customer relations #5 has disappeared...... everyone keeps directing me to customer relations but yet customer relations seems to not exist. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP, very frustrated and disappointed in southwest. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Luv Voucher, Customer Relations, NO ONE ANSWERING OR HELPING

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Send a private message to Southwest via Facebook or Twitter, include information about your existing case.

--TheMiddleSeat

sofipv
Explorer C

Yep, I did this one as well, posting on here was my last resort. Eventually, the only thing that worked was sitting on hold. Luckily the matter has been resolved now after lots of patience and waiting. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

I am so sorry for the issues, @sofipv! Did you get in touch yesterday?

Nicole
Community Manager

sofipv
Explorer C

Hi Nicole, 

Yes after 4 hours on hold with Customer Relations I was finally assisted. My LUV voucher was still pending but thankfully the person on the phone was able to approve the funds and I have now received them. It took her a total of two minutes so I am still a little unsure why it took over 30 days for someone to click accept on the funds... especially since this was a week after receiving a message from customer relations saying they would take care of it. But all in all, I am grateful for her help in assisting me. Thankful that despite the long wait southwest was still able to fulfill their promise of the funds. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@sofipv I'm so happy to hear you got ahold of someone but so sorry it took so long. Depending on the circumstances you were receiving a LUV Voucher as well as the expiration, it might have to go through different processes for approvals. The process to create a LUV voucher from expired/existing travel funds can take weeks (again depending on the situation), whereas the process to resend an existing LUV voucher can take minutes. Regardless, we appreciate your patience and will continue working to improve our current response times. Thanks so much for hanging in there with us.

Nicole
Community Manager