Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Make Southwest Refund Tickets as a Bailout Requirement

Phalcon7
Explorer C

I'm taking my complaint to my Senator and my area Congressman.  If these disrespectful people of Southwest are at the door of government begging for Billion's in bailout money (that comes from "Us the Tax payers") then they need to know we don't approve. Expose the losers who are in the pocket's of corporate stone walls like Gary Kelly CEO of Southwest... Vote these lap dogs out of office.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Make Southwest Refund Tickets as a Bailout Requirement

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Yeah, let’s have the company fail so 60,000+ people can be out of a job.  Great idea.

--TheMiddleSeat

Phalcon7
Explorer C

You sound like a very "Loyal Employee" of Southwest Airlines... Try operating on the notion of "What is the fair thing to do?"...

dfwskier
Aviator A

When the airline cancels a flight, it DOES provide a refund - although you may have to demand it.

stephrae13
Explorer C

We purchased 5 round trip tickets from Idaho to Maryland to my son's college graduation. Unfortunately, that has been cancelled. 2 of the 5 tickets are for my parents who will never have cause to use them, as this was going to be only one of 3 times they have ever flown so credit does absolutely no good. Very disappointed that in this situation, airlines are not issuing refunds. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@stephrae13 wrote:

We purchased 5 round trip tickets from Idaho to Maryland to my son's college graduation. Unfortunately, that has been cancelled. 2 of the 5 tickets are for my parents who will never have cause to use them, as this was going to be only one of 3 times they have ever flown so credit does absolutely no good. Very disappointed that in this situation, airlines are not issuing refunds. 

Southwest will issue a refund if they cancel the flight. This is required per DOT guidance. If the customer cancels the flight, they'll receive travel funds, but with an extended expiration date of June 30, 2021.

Phalcon7
Explorer C

What part of "The government declares CRISIS" are you not understanding. You don't just march into war because you think you have disposable bodies to spare... Or do you?  It's not like we planned this awful mess we're in... If Southwest thinks we are disposable... Then say so... "Greedy people have no bottom... They just stoop to the level of their Greed" SMH