Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Merging two RR accounts

Penelope17
Explorer C

I have been trying to get SW to merge two RR accounts, both in my name, two different RR numbers.  I get double mailings both addressed to me, and when I log in online, my name is displayed on both RR accounts.

Here is my issue.  I created the first account in 2010 to purchase tickets and collect points on flights that my (then) minor child took.  Of course, I paid for these flights.  My son was listed as a passenger on all of these flights.  Now, my son is (barely) an adult, and has no use for, or interest in using the points that I paid for.  I have called Customer Service twice and attempted to merge the two accounts into one.  It seems very simple to me, my name is on both accounts, merge them.  No, can't do that, they are under my son's name.  I explained the situation, and the agent spoke to me like I was an idiot.  Nice customer service SW.  I guess I don't understand WHY these accounts cannot be merged when they are both in my name?  Any ideas?  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Merging two RR accounts

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@Penelope17

So if I understand correctly your son is one account holder (since he flew and earned points he is that account holder) and you are the owner of another account (your for flights you have taken) if this is the case you won't be able to combine accounts because even though you paid for the flights the person who flew owns the points.

If your trying to use the points in your sons account you can book a ticket using those points for anyone (no combination of accounts required) by logging in to that account and booking 

hope this helps

Blake 

Re: Merging two RR accounts

Penelope17
Explorer C

THANK YOU, Blake!

I appreciate your response, and it makes more sense the way you explained it....all is well in my world. 🙂

Have a great night!

Penelope