Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Missing rental car credit

arlingtonhoo
Explorer C

I reserved a car at Alamo via Southwest and got the confirmation email with my Rapid Rewards number on it, etc. However, when I got the receipt after returning the car, I see no reference to the rapid rewards number. How can I tell if i will receive the points? How long do they usually take to post via Alamo? I picked up and dropped on the day/time I was supposed to. It seemed the rental agent was lazy/in a rush when i got my car. I want to make sure he didnt screw it up somehow! I actually paid MORE money to rent it than I would have through Costco, solely so I could get the points... Please advise how I get this rectified. I have a copy of both the original reservation confirmation (With rapid rewards number) as well as the rental agreement/receipt (which does NOT show any rapid rewards number). I clearly stated when i picked up the car that I had rented through Southwest... I was not confident in the person who i dealt with at the counter. Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Missing rental car credit

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you reserved the car and the confirmation showed your RR #, you should be fine.

I'd give the process a month to credit your points. If they don't show up, contact the car company and ask that it credit the points. Keep the confirmation e-mail in case you need it, but you shouldn't.

By my experience, I frequently need to hound car companies for "bonus" RR points (beyond 600 a rental).  The regular points normally credit as they should.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@dfwskier Thx for this. Never rented a car thru SW, and I tried so hard to find in writing the timeframe it should take. But I wasn’t successful. Smiley Happy

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

@elijahbrantley wrote:

@dfwskier Thx for this. Never rented a car thru SW, and I tried so hard to find in writing the timeframe it should take. But I wasn’t successful. Smiley Happy

Elijah, it varies widely by company. For some (typically the big 3 Avis, National Hertz) it's just a few days. For others (I'm thinking specifically of Payless) it takes longer.

I give it a month because it costs me nothing to wait. I'm going to get my points. It makes no difference if it's tomorrow or next month.   

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@arlingtonhoo

You might want to contact the Customer Relation Service number at 214 792 4000.

I don't know anything about renting the car along southwest airlines as a third party. But, anyway, Do you have a account with southwest airlines portal? Check and see if you have some points onlines. I know this is a complication issues we have with SWA.

Hope this will helps. Smiley Happy