Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

My 25th flight was supposed to be 12/30/22

Explorer C

My 25th A-list qualifying flight of 2022 was supposed to be on 12/30/22, but was rescheduled to 1/8/23. I have 6 flights already booked for January alone.  I’ve called SW customer service 3 times and sent 2 emails and I’m not getting a straight answer regarding whether I will have A-list status for 2023. My SW account shows I do not. I’m so frustrated as I would have had A-list status for my January flights but for the meltdown. Customer service reps just tell me I will eventually have it and to keep waiting. But that doesn’t help me with my 1/8 and 1/9 flights. Any ideas? I was on hold for 80 minutes today and got nowhere with the rep. I’m tempted to switch to Alaska airlines instead for my bi-weekly flights.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: My 25th flight was supposed to be 12/30/22

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest has been extending the qualification window for people that had flights scheduled which were cancelled.  As I don't fall into that boat I can't comment on how that is seen/validated, but all hope for qualifying is not lost.  Since your next flight is already scheduled and only 2 days away I would just take it and see if that flips the A-List switch before trying to get in contact with Southwest again.  Also keep in mind the credit for the 1/8 flight won't show up until 1/9 if it's part of a round trip with the concluding leg on 1/9.  If you booked these as two separate trips then it will count immediately after you land on 1/8. 

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@20222023 wrote:

My 25th A-list qualifying flight of 2022 was supposed to be on 12/30/22, but was rescheduled to 1/8/23. I have 6 flights already booked for January alone.  I’ve called SW customer service 3 times and sent 2 emails and I’m not getting a straight answer regarding whether I will have A-list status for 2023. My SW account shows I do not. I’m so frustrated as I would have had A-list status for my January flights but for the meltdown. Customer service reps just tell me I will eventually have it and to keep waiting. But that doesn’t help me with my 1/8 and 1/9 flights. Any ideas? I was on hold for 80 minutes today and got nowhere with the rep. I’m tempted to switch to Alaska airlines instead for my bi-weekly flights.

Just clarifying, you would be new to the A-list now, you aren't a returning member? The returning members have been allowed to keep status through January if not already earned for 2023.

Tell the gate agent you are pending for your A-list and see if they will let you board at "A61" with the A-list members that don't have A boarding positions.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Explorer C

I was not A-list for 2022. I was supposed to be for 2023 but for rescheduling my 12/30 flight to 1/8. My 12/30 flight was going to be my 25th qualifying flight of 2022. This has all been very frustrating. I just checked into my flight for tomorrow morning and it gave me B43. No indication of A list status. On 12/31, my account said I was 24/25 flights on my way to A list. Now, it says 0! I had so much loyalty to SW in 2022 and now there’s nothing to show for it. No-one on the phone helps with this. I’m giving up and booking elsewhere starting in Feb. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As I said earlier, Southwest has been extending the qualification period which means you still can earn A-List. Nothing was said that would grant you A-List just because you had a flight scheduled so there was no reason to believe that the flight tomorrow would reflect A-List status. See what happens after your flight tomorrow, or as also said earlier, you may need to wait until the round trip is completed before determining whether the extension was provided to you. If it's not automatically granted it's worth writing (not calling) and requesting to be given the status now that you have completed the 25th flight as soon as possible after your original 25th flight was canceled.

--TheMiddleSeat

Explorer C

I completed the 1/8 flight today. It was not a RT. It now shows up on my RR account as 1/25 for 2023. This is very disappointing. No A-list status indicated. 

Explorer C

And I have logged 2 written complaints to SW about this and no response. 24 qualifying flights completed in 2022 and nothing to show for this due to the 25th one being rescheduled from 12/30 to 1/8. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

If it's not automatically granted it's worth writing (not calling) and requesting to be given the status now that you have completed the 25th flight as soon as possible after your original 25th flight was canceled.

Write now that you have completed and then patience will be required. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Explorer C

Just did. Feeling done with SW at this point over this. Alaska does the same legs that I typically do and will likely switch to them for 2023.

bec102896
Aviator A

You could reach out to Southwest on Twitter and maybe they can assist