Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

My air miles

Explorer C

How do I check make miles, can I use the on a flight I booked for July 1 and how do I use them when I book a flight?

1 REPLY 1

Re: My air miles

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

@183450956 wrote:

How do I check make miles?

Your email purchase receipt should include a line that states "EST. POINTS EARNED X".  Point earning starts at 6 points per dollar of base fare spent (i.e. not on taxes or fees) for Wanna Get Away fares and are higher if you are A-List or purchase an Anytime or Business Select ticket.

After you complete your flights you will see them posted to your Rapid Rewards account when you login.

@183450956 wrote:

can I use the on a flight I booked for July 1

If you are flying on July 1 then those points are not available to book a different travel itinerary until your travel is complete.  Here is the official Southwest wording, "The Member will not accrue any points for any portion of the ticket that has been flown until the entire ticket has been completed (i.e., flown, refunded, a combination thereof, or, if flying within the U.S., used as payment toward another ticket)."  (Source page is here).

@183450956 wrote:

how do I use them when I book a flight?

It's easy!  On the Southwest "Book a Flight" page search for a flight but click on the "Points" radio button instead of the "Dollars" radio button.

Customer | Home airport DCA