Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Name change

alysse
Explorer C

I booked a flight with my rapids reward number. Since then I have gotten married and my last name has changed. I have called customer service a few times and I get different answers but basically no help. I can’t seem to find anything online that actually gives step by step direction what to do. So 1 I need my last name changed on my ticket for my flight in less than two weeks. And 2 I need my last name changed on my rrn.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Name change

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Just to clarify - you already have your new identification in your married name?

On another thread it was suggested to go to twitter @SouthwestAir for this one. They'll ask you to DM with them - don't put your confirmation number on public channels.

They can probably get things synced up faster than calling the 800 number.

For less than two weeks the timing isn't great, but a Southwest employee posted this also:

Welcome to the Southwest Airlines Community and congratulations on your marriage! You will need to contact Southwest to change the name on your reservation. You will need to submit copies of your old and new state-issued identification cards or a copy of your marriage certificate. You can send the information to the Customer Relations/Rapid Rewards Department by mail at: P.O. Box 36647, Dallas TX, 75235 or by fax to 877-506-0154. Please include the confirmation number associated with your reservation.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

giga74705
Explorer C

I called and they told me I can’t change my name on my ticket, so I have to hold off on the excitement of updating my driver’s license to my new married name. First time I’ve been upset with Southwest.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@giga74705 wrote:

I called and they told me I can’t change my name on my ticket, so I have to hold off on the excitement of updating my driver’s license to my new married name. First time I’ve been upset with Southwest.

You were told incorrect information. Try calling back. Or better yet, reach out via Twitter for the quickest response.

jshank83
Explorer B

I would think they could change it. That said if you have a passport with your old name you could always use it to board and still change your normal ID. It would be a hassle but doable.