Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Need Customer Service Contact

lembree
Explorer C

I have had a miserable experience with the Rapid Rewards executive offices (or whatever their name is).  It started when I purchased points that never made it to my husband's account.  I was told it can take 30 days and there is "nothing they can do."  But they would honor the price of the flight I was trying to book.  The points "failed" and never made it to the account.  With great hesitation, I purchased the points again.  They actually arrived this time, and I called to book my husband's flight.  She said she booked him on my flight, she added my son to my flight, I told her I saw the emails.  I didn't think to open them and make sure she did her job, but she didn't.  She booked him on the wrong flight.  I tried to call back, but they close at 3 pm AZ time.  I called this morning and was told they won't fix it, but I can re-book and pay the difference.  $478 on a flight that was originally $91.  The executive offices are not helping, and, it turns out, highest people in Southwest customer service cannot book flights.  Nor will they fix the flight that they incorrectly booked.  So, I am looking for advice or someone else to speak to about this issue that has already wasted so much of my time to simply book a flight for my family.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Need Customer Service Contact

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

The general customer care number is 1-800-I-FLY-SWA. You can try that. Additionally, I highly recommend reaching out to Customer Relations via one of the social media channels: Facebook Messenger or Twitter direct message. 

I’m sorry you had a frustrating experience!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

lembree
Explorer C

Thanks, I’m working on the social media channels. I’ve always been very pleased with Southwest in the past so it’s incredibly disappointing that they won’t fix their own mistake. Or provide any legitimate justification for why they won’t besides “we aren’t going.”

jksobonya
Aviator A

That's rough. Flights have been going up in price lately (back to pre-pandemic levels in some cases) so I can understand the price jump. I have never had a problem purchasing points and not having them post to my account though. Having it take "up to 30 days" seems odd. For me it's always been instantaneous. Also having a SW agent book an incorrect flight also seems odd. Did you give the person the right airport codes and times? 

All that to say, Southwest is having a 3 day sale going on right now, so you might want to check if any of your flights have decreased in price. If they did, you can easily change your flight and get the difference as a credit that will last until 2022.

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

All that to say, Southwest is having a 3 day sale going on right now, so you might want to check if any of your flights have decreased in price. If they did, you can easily change your flight and get the difference as a credit that will last until 2022.

--Jessica

I agree with Jessica.  The fare sale that started today and will run thru Thursday offers what historically have been the lowest fares of the year. You might want to take a look.

lembree
Explorer C

Thanks, Jessica, I've already looked.  The flights are still much higher.  My return of my original flight was cancelled, so I had to book a different flight.  My flight was associated with the issues related to my husband's rapid rewards points (and I've been on the phone with them no less than seven times on this issue) so when I called and said, "I need my husband on my return flight" and she said, "Yes, I see it here," I assumed that meant she'd book the same flight and not a random one that was in no way connected to my reservation.  I leave at 10:20 am and he is leaving at 7 am.  That would almost be manageable, but I'm not traveling alone with our one year old for a ten hour trip.  And I can't change my return flight at the same price because I already picked a new one from the cancelled flight.  So it seems as though they are hoping to get the $478 difference on the flight.  In reality, I'm just going to have to cancel my trip.  It was $182 round trip for each of us.  No way I'm spending an additional $500 to fix their mistake.  And now I have all of these reward points I purchased with zero desire to fly Southwest again.

bec102896
Aviator A

What date is the flight? Southwest has been having lots of free change waivers which might. be able to help you. 

lembree
Explorer C

It’s October 17th. I’m supposed to get a call from a supervisor tomorrow or Thursday so I’ll ask about it. Thanks!

bec102896
Aviator A

@lembree wrote:

It’s October 17th. I’m supposed to get a call from a supervisor tomorrow or Thursday so I’ll ask about it. Thanks!

The waivers are online and usually the phone reps won't tell you about the waivers because it cost the airline money. 

If you look up your reservation on the app you would see a red bar if the waiver exists for your flight. 

-Blake

bec102896
Aviator A

@lembree 

My flights in October have the waiver right now so your might as well and you can change to the correct flight you want.