Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Never received points from interrupted Christmas travel

amyjenks
Explorer B

My kids and I were severely impacted by the December travel issues. We didn’t make it to the family reunion and now haven’t seen my family in almost 2 years. Our luggage was lost in the airport for a couple weeks. I was waiting in 5+ hour lines at the airport and on hold/couldn’t get through phone lines while waiting in person for 3 days in a row December 24-26. I expected to get the 25k points per person that we were promised in January. I’ve received all other communication from southwest, but NEVER the 8 emails I should have received regarding our 4 sets of points and ways to redeem. I have done multiple searches, I have called southwest support and had to reopen my case EVERY TWO WEEKS since. This is beyond ridiculous. I called today and AGAIN they closed my case. Customer support says there’s no one I can be transferred to to speak with them directly. So I keep calling and they keep closing my account saying I received the email when I did not. My brother and his family of 5 ALL got to make the reunion in southwest - no problems in their travel. He received the 25k points per person. I was severely impacted, didn’t get to go, lost luggage, exhausted… and am being denied my points. 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Never received points from interrupted Christmas travel

floridaguy
Aviator C

I agree with you.  What has become known as The Holiday DISASTER continues to be a point of contention on this board.  Many of the same stories.

Southwest knows about each passenger impacted.  This could have been handled long ago and I'm venturing to guess that the cost has become close to $1 Billion, against the original estimate of $850 MM.  Basically, an entire year's earnings out the window.

I believe in accountability, both at a personal as well as corporate level.  The delays are unacceptable.

amyjenks
Explorer B

Such a disaster! It’s crazy that it’s still ongoing for so many of us. I can’t believe how many times I’ve had to call with no resolution. Thank you for your response. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Numerous people have commented that they have had good experiences inquiring about these issues via Facebook private message.  Just an idea... good luck.

--TheMiddleSeat

amyjenks
Explorer B

Thank you for the advice! I’ll definitely try these!

Stormy
Explorer C

I never received my points. I contacted SWA several times via email and phone. No resolution yet.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Stormy did you read the post right before yours for suggestion?

--TheMiddleSeat

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

The team that's on Twitter and FB is usually very responsive to these types of issues and doesn't let things fall through the cracks. Shoot them over a DM.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

amyjenks
Explorer B

Thank you! I’ll try that!

JamesVannest
Explorer C

Thank you, I hope I will get reply from them.

I am glad I found your post while searching for this https://envirocitizen.org/website online. I want to know why I should hire an essay writer and that is why I am looking for that website link on google search. If you also want to know then you can also visit over there.