Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: New Priority Card

spurkapile
Explorer C

I have the same question.  Based on the credits it gives you, so long as you actually use them it seems well worth the extra $50 annual fee since you would spend the money on travel anyway. 

I have been hesitating just because if typical skepticism of credit card promos.  However, I think it makes sense to do as a A Lister who will continue to be traveling with SWA for a while. 

lyncas
Explorer C

I just got a priority card and fairly new to Southwest's program.  When do the Rewards points show up after making purchases with the priority card ? 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@lyncas wrote:

I just got a priority card and fairly new to Southwest's program.  When do the Rewards points show up after making purchases with the priority card ? 

Chase sends the regular points from purchases after each billing cycle is complete, usually a few days or a week after the cycle closes.

Bonuses appear a little bit later, they would be initiated after the billing cycle that reaches the threshold, the timing in the past has usually been fairly quick but I believe the fine print specifies a fairly generous turnaround time on the order of a month. I don't know the exact turnaround, but it should be in your agreement's fine print.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

cwb98226
Explorer C

How do you get this?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@cwb98226 wrote:

How do you get this?

Morning. I think the link explains more about the card and includes a link that would let you apply.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/Biz60kAEP?CELL=6PNG

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@cwb98226 wrote:

How do you get this?

Morning. I think the link explains more about the card and includes a link that would let you apply.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/Biz60kAEP?CELL=6PNG

Note that the link above is for the Premier Business Card, not the Priority Card. To reference the Priority Card directly, use this link: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/Dual40kAEP?CELL=6PNG&SP9A=Y71UH0

Also, be aware that the 75,000 point offer for the Priority Card has expired. The current offer for all consumer cards is 40,000 points. (The Premier Business Card offer is currently 60,000.)

StoneLeet
Explorer C

So, I upgraded to the new Priority Card and I just booked a flight but I wasn't given any option to upgrade to business select.  Where do you do that?

"Not all those who wander are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien

Jefftb
Explorer A

You wouldn’t get a prompt.  The way it works is you would get the A list upgrade at the gate and you will automatically be reimbursed on the card. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The Priority card offers 4 free Upgraded Boardings annually, not upgrades to Business Select. You'll need to check at the gate on the day of travel, and if available pay the $30/$40/$50 fee using the Priority card. The charge will be refunded as a statement credit.