Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New RR Cardmember- bonus point increase?

DearTraveler
Explorer C

Hi there,

I'm brand new to this, just opened a RR credit card with Southwest/Chase, and would love some info-- I just made my first payment, haven't had a billing cycle yet, and saw that a few days after I received my card (I applied under a "spend $1,000 in 3 months and get 50,000 bonus points") I saw there was an update to "spend $3,000 in 3 months and get 75,000 bonus points".

Is this applicable to me if I spend $3,000 on this card, or am I stuck with the 50,000 bonus point plan? No idea how this works, and would love any help anyone can offer me! If there is a way to get this upgraded, I'd be stoked!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: New RR Cardmember- bonus point increase?

N82EZ
Adventurer B
Solution

Contact Chase using the number on the back of your card. SWA does not have those types of answers. The Bank does. Plead with them for the extra miles you may get a sympathetic voice. (you signed up under the lesser mile reward) I've had the card for about 15yrs. Love it and Chase.

DearTraveler
Explorer C

Thank you so much for that-- I'll try that now and do my best pleading. 😉 Appreciate your help very much! And I'm glad to hear that you like both the card and Chase. 

Thanks!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I've seen success with these questions if you send a secure message to Chase while logged into your account.  Give that a try if you don't want to call or don't get the answer you want over the phone.  Another Chase card recently increased the sign up bonus and as long as the card hadn't been open for more than a few months they were matching the new offer.

--TheMiddleSeat

DearTraveler
Explorer C

Oh, that is a brilliant idea to start with! Thank you, that's great to know! Really appreciate your help!

LeslieBrandow
Explorer C

Thanks for posting this! I'm in the same situation and I called the number and they said as soon as I spend $3000 to call back and they will give me 70,000 SW rewards points if the offer is still going on. The offer ends Dec 5th, so I'm charging my card to get that offer. They put the note in my account so when I call back it's easy for the next person to see what we talked about. Call: 800-945-2000 to do this. I used the number on the back of the card and they couldn't help me but asked me to call this number. I hope that helps! Happy spending and flying!

DearTraveler
Explorer C

Thank you for passing on that number! I'll call it for sure! Sent them a message but haven't heard back yet, so that will be my next step. 

Happy travels to you, too!! Good luck!!

jksobonya
Aviator A

My understanding is that the offer you applied for when you signed up for the card is what is applicable for your to earn/redeem, not any future offers, BUT it doesn't always hurt to ask, especially if you spend the 3K in 3 months!

Thanks,

--Jessica