Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New SWA card arrived--question about statement date & earning point

Librarian
Explorer C

Our closing date is January 4.

Am I understanding this correctly--anything we charge starting now will post in 2022?

We have to charge $25K ASAP to get Companion & we have some large purchases coming up. (OK DH is anxious to order golf clubs...not sure why when he likely can't use them until his golf trip in late Feb.)

I don't want to mess this thing up!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: New SWA card arrived--question about statement date & earning point

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

yes if the closing date on your CC statement is in January that is when the "points" will post to your RR account.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Points are added to your account after the date your statement closes.

Thus, if your statement closes in 2022, then that's when the  points will be added - regardless of when you actually bought things.

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

Just remember this in December in case you are trying to get companion in the following years!  Your closing date will be December 4 so most of the month of December purchases will go towards the following year.

Richard8599
Explorer C

Yes if the closing date on your CC statement is in January that is when the "points" will post to your RR account.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Librarian wrote:

Our closing date is January 4.

Am I understanding this correctly--anything we charge starting now will post in 2022?

We have to charge $25K ASAP to get Companion & we have some large purchases coming up. (OK DH is anxious to order golf clubs...not sure why when he likely can't use them until his golf trip in late Feb.)

I don't want to mess this thing up!

I doubt that it’s worth $25k unless you were going to buy the things anyway.

If the CP holder flew 100 times at $200 each on average it’s still only a $20,000 value…? Would the pass be used 100 times?

Anyway, you will need to buy some things direct through Southwest Shopping or Rocketmiles instead of relying solely on credit card spending if you want this to happen before end of year.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.