Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New promotion - 3 ways to earn RR or tier qualifying points!

jksobonya
Aviator A
Check your My Promotions tab to see if you have this new offer! 

You’ve got three special offers to choose from to make your next trip even more rewarding.
Register for only one of the following offers, book and fly at least one one-way flight between May 24 -July 31, 2021

Choose only one of these amazing offers.
Select one offer below, register, then book and fly at least one one-way flight between May 24 - July 31, 2021, ("the Promotional Time Period").

3X Rapid Rewards® bonus points
Earn 3X Rapid Rewards® bonus points on your qualifying flight when you register, then book, and fly at least one one-way flight by July 31, 2021.
Terms and Conditions
Member must register for this promotion during the Promotional Period and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. After completion of registration, Member will earn 3X points for all new qualifying flights booked and flown during the Promotional Period. Member’s qualifying flight(s) must be booked through Southwest Airlines® during the Promotional Period for travel during the Promotional Period. Member’s flight(s) must be completed during the Promotional Period. Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking Member’s qualifying flight(s) during the Promotional Period to earn triple Rapid Rewards bonus points for that flight.

A qualifying flight for this promotion is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest Airlines. Valid only on new qualifying flights booked and flown within the Promotional Period. Travel booked and/or flown prior to registration for this promotion is not eligible for the triple points offer.

Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare. Member will receive 36 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® fares, 30 bonus points on dollar spent on Anytime fares, and 18 bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass® qualification.

Member will receive Rapid Rewards bonus points within four days after completion of the qualifying flight. Charter flights, group travel, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacations® packages, and reward travel do not qualify for promotion. Valid on Southwest Airlines published scheduled service. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. This promotion cannot be combined with any other promotion.

All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms. Southwest® reserves the right to amend, suspend, or change the Rapid Rewards program and/or Rapid Rewards program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points. The number of Rapid Rewards points needed for a particular Southwest flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, fare type, point redemption rate, and other factors, and is subject to change at any time until the booking is confirmed.

10,000 Companion Pass® qualifying points*
Earn 10,000 Companion Pass qualifying points* when you register, then book, and fly at least one one-way flight by July 31, 2021.
*Tier qualifying points (“TQPs”) and Companion Pass qualifying points (“CPQPs”) cannot be redeemed for travel or be transferred, donated, or redeemed through More Rewards. TQPs and CPQPs are only available toward A-List status and Companion Pass qualifying balances for the 2021 calendar year. TQPs or CPQPs will be awarded within 72 hours after completion of the qualifying flight. Once TQPs or CPQPs adjustment has been awarded, the qualifying points will be added to your A-List status or Companion Pass progress bars. TQPs or CPQPs adjustment will not display as a separate transaction within your points activity. TQPs and CPQPs do not earn Rapid Rewards points.

Terms and Conditions
Member must register for this promotion during the Promotional Period and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Member’s qualifying flight must be booked through Southwest Airlines during the Promotional Period for travel during the Promotional Period. Member’s flight must be completed during the Promotional Period. Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking Member’s qualifying flight during the Promotional Period to earn 10,000 Companion Pass qualifying points toward a Companion Pass.

If a Member books and flies more than one one-way flight during the Promotional Period, Member will still only earn 10,000 Companion Pass qualifying points toward a Companion Pass.

A qualifying flight for this promotion is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest Airlines. Valid only on new reservations booked and flown during the Promotional Period. Travel booked and/or flown prior to registration for this promotion is not eligible for the 10,000 Companion Pass qualifying points toward a Companion Pass.

Member will receive 10,000 Companion Pass qualifying points toward Companion Pass within 72 hours after completion of the qualifying flight. Companion Pass qualifying points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Charter flights, group travel, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacations packages, and reward travel do not qualify for promotion. Valid on Southwest Airlines published scheduled service. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. This promotion cannot be combined with any other promotion.

All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms. Southwest® reserves the right to amend, suspend, or change the Rapid Rewards program and/or Rapid Rewards program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points. The number of Rapid Rewards points needed for a particular Southwest flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, fare type, point redemption rate, and other factors, and is subject to change at any time until the booking is confirmed.

10,000 tier qualifying points*
Earn 10,000 tier qualifying points* (TQPs) toward A-List status when you register, then book, and fly at least one one-way flight by July 31, 2021.
*Tier qualifying points (“TQPs”) and Companion Pass qualifying points (“CPQPs”) cannot be redeemed for travel or be transferred, donated, or redeemed through More Rewards. TQPs and CPQPs are only available toward A-List status and Companion Pass qualifying balances for the 2021 calendar year. TQPs or CPQPs will be awarded within 72 hours after completion of the qualifying flight. Once TQPs or CPQPs adjustment has been awarded, the qualifying points will be added to your A-List status or Companion Pass progress bars. TQPs or CPQPs adjustment will not display as a separate transaction within your points activity. TQPs and CPQPs do not earn Rapid Rewards points.

Terms and Conditions
Member must register for this promotion during the Promotional Period and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Member’s qualifying flight must be booked through Southwest Airlines during the Promotional Period for travel during the Promotional Period. Member’s flight must be completed during the Promotion Period. Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking Member’s qualifying flight during the Promotional Period to earn 10,000 tier qualifying points toward A-List status.

If a Member books and flies more than one one-way flight during the Promotional Period, Member will still only earn 10,000 tier qualifying points toward A-List status.

A qualifying flight for this promotion is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest Airlines. Valid only on new reservations booked and flown within the Promotional Period. Travel booked and/or flown prior to registration for this promotion is not eligible for the 10,000 tier qualifying points toward A-List status.

Member will receive 10,000 tier qualifying points toward A-List status within 72 hours after completion of the qualifying flight. Tier qualifying points toward A-List status are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Charter flights, group travel, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacations packages, and reward travel do not qualify for promotion. Valid on Southwest Airlines published scheduled service. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for this promotion. This promotion cannot be combined with any other promotion.

All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms. Southwest reserves the right to amend, suspend, or change the Rapid Rewards program and/or Rapid Rewards program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points. The number of Rapid Rewards points needed for a particular Southwest flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, fare type, point redemption rate, and other factors, and is subject to change at any time until the booking is confirmed.

--------

Which offer do you think is best?

--Jessica
8 REPLIES 8

Re: New promotion - 3 ways to earn RR or tier qualifying points!

bec102896
Aviator A

My sister got the promotion I didn't unfortunately. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

My problem is all my flights are already booked through July, so even if I register I won't get the reward unless I cancel and rebook something ...

--Jessica

bec102896
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

My problem is all my flights are already booked through July, so even if I register I won't get the reward unless I cancel and rebook something ...

--Jessica

Maybe you can go through all your upcoming reservations to see if any prices are the same or close to it then you could rebook. 

I also wonder if changing a reservation would make it qualify?

-Blake

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

Not me... 😞

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Nothing here.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@

I also wonder if changing a reservation would make it qualify?

-Blake

Unlikely. The confirmation number was created before    the sign up.

i didn't get the offer either

chgoflyer
Aviator A

As a general rule for most (all?) Southwest promotions, you have to (1) Register > then (2) Book > then (3) Fly. Changing an already booked flight won't qualify, but cancelling that flight and then rebooking using the resultant travel funds will.

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

"Which offer do you think is best?"

For me, the 10k companion pass points would be my best option.  I'm going to be close to getting CP this year and this would help ensure I get it.  

Let us know what you decide! 🙂