Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No Callback from Companion Pass Team

arnoldchung77
Explorer C

Hi All,

I'm wondering is anyone else is experiencing any issues with the southwest support team. To give some background, I applied for the promotional companion pass offer that was issued back in September of last year where if you fly during a certain timeframe, you will receive a promotional companion pass from 1/4 - 3/4 2023. I met all of the criteria to obtain this promotion however, had to make a slight adjustment to the flight where I confirmed with the agent that it wouldn't affect the promotion and she confirmed. 

So I opened a case with support back on January 7th with no response, escalated the case on Jan 25, escalated again on Feb 6 and escalated again on Feb 23 but still haven't received a call back and now the promotion period is about to end. It has been an extremely frustrating experience where nobody is able to give me a clear answer of when I would receive a call back giving responses "I will escalate this and someone will call you back". There also is no team or individual who I can be transferred to who can actually give me a status or any information and being left in the dark has been making my patience run very thin. I love flying Southwest but this support has been quite subpar. Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing similar issues.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: No Callback from Companion Pass Team

dfwskier
Aviator A

what was your "slight adjustment?"

I bet you changed a flight after September 8.

arnoldchung77
Explorer C

So I originally had two people on one reservation and just broke out the two into individual reservations. With that, I didn't make any changes to the flights itself.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@arnoldchung77 wrote:

So I originally had two people on one reservation and just broke out the two into individual reservations. With that, I didn't make any changes to the flights itself.

So you had two people on one reservation. Cancelled the second person on the reservation, but kept the existing reservation number and the reservation intact for you.   ?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@arnoldchung77 wrote:

So you had two people on one reservation. Cancelled the second person on the reservation, but kept the existing reservation number and the reservation intact for you.   ?

Were there any changes after that? Why would you split them separately and then not make any further changes? Usually that would be a precursor for one of the two confirmations to be changed in some way that wasn't going to apply to both people.

This seems to be an issue for the fine print, obviously the intention was there but I foresee difficulty even with what seems to be a minor change. 

I also don't know if there is any way for them to drop a companion pass on you for a different period than what the promotion was setup for. As far as I know there isn't an "add companion pass for a limited duration" button in the system. It would definitely need to be escalated, if this is possible it won't be every rep that can do it.

Good luck, I hope it comes through in some way, but I feel like one of the favorable outcomes will be that you get it for the original time period which may not be very useful.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

what was your "slight adjustment?"

That is a very important detail.

I believe while it is typically believed some changes to flights can be made, the terms for these promotions usually say no changes allowed.  It's also common to hear "I met all the terms", but then it is discovered things such as not registering before purchasing, using points to "purchase", or making changes to flights were done and those clearly do not match the terms.  Without knowing every detail of the purchases, travel, changes, etc it's not possible to determine if the pass is really owed.  At this point, regardless of the validity of the claim, it is highly unlikely Southwest will provide a CP with an expiration beyond the published date.

--TheMiddleSeat