Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Not granted such a $200 credit when applying for Southwest Credit Card

Rolo
Explorer C

When purchasing a ticket last week, I was offered a credit of $200 when applying for a Southwest Rapid Rewards card. So I did, was approved, and the ticket cost was applied to the credit card (which ended being granted by Chase). However, so far I have not received such credit and the balance shown in my Chase account is simply the total cost of the purchase. Does anyone has experienced the same none pleasant situation?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Not granted such a $200 credit when applying for Southwest Credit Card

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@Rolo wrote:

When purchasing a ticket last week, I was offered a credit of $200 when applying for a Southwest Rapid Rewards card. So I did, was approved, and the ticket cost was applied to the credit card (which ended being granted by Chase). However, so far I have not received such credit and the balance shown in my Chase account is simply the total cost of the purchase. Does anyone has experienced the same none pleasant situation?

The credit will appear on your 1st statement. 

Re: Not granted such a $200 credit when applying for Southwest Credit Card

Rolo
Explorer C

Well, nevermind. It seems like the credit is applied when the new card is officially mailed/launched. That's what happened in my case at least. They applied the $200 credit to the account about a week after I purchased the ticket. They also applied the $69 annual membership fee at the same time (which is indeed a good thing since there's a credit involved and, technically, the amount doesn't come out from your pocket).