Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Now charging the Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) on Award (points) bookings?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Some domestic points bookings are now charging the Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) fee, in addition to the September 11 Security Fee.

I see that the Award booking disclosures still only mention including the September 11 fee, and note that the PFC is added to some bookings but not to others, seemingly randomly.

Is this a new policy change? Or is this yet another website glitch?

Can someone official please clarify? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 6.38.06 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-01-09 at 6.38.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-09 at 6.46.49 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Now charging the Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) on Award (points) bookings?

seagal
Explorer C
Solution

It is a computer glitch. If you call in they will refund the PFC charge or you can call in to get assistance making your reservation without the PFC charge.

Re: Now charging the Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) on Award (points) bookings?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Hey -- Thanks! I too assume it's a glitch, since it's being applied without rhyme or reason... but would like to get an official answer here from Southwest.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @chgoflyer,

I can confirm that the PFC charge is a glitch that is occurring intermittently. We're aware of it and we are working on a fix! Apologies for the inconvenience. Please reach out to our Customer Relations Department at 1-855-234-4654 if you've been charged, and we'll get that refunded for you. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Thanks Lindsey! Hopefully you'll be able to fix this issue soon, so that people don't continue to be charged, perhaps not even realizing that it's an error.