Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

One way trip 220404

allenpitts
Explorer C

Hello Southwest Community,

Going to wedding in Irvine from Dallas. Depart Dallas Love and arrive SNA Orange County.
Will drive to San Diego for sightseeing and depart San Diego Intl for Dallas Love.

The Book a Flight page on the Southwest site does not allow a return from a different airport than the airport to which one arrived. Some research indicates that the way to have different arrival and departure airports is to book two one way trips. But not having any luck booking a one-way trip. When the Depart airport and date are input and the Arrive airport input the screen asks for a Return date and will not allow one to proceed unless the Return date is provided.
How to book a one-way flight.
Thanks.
Allen Pitts
Dallas TX

3 REPLIES 3

Re: One way trip 220404

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Booking one-way flights is the way to go, even when you are returning from the same airport.  It's pretty simple so perhaps I'm not fully understanding the problem you are having.  Go to southwest.com and before you click anywhere else select "One-way" then enter cities and date.

Capture.JPG

If I'm missing something please let me know.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Hi Allen ..

You have to select the "one way" button on the book a flight screen

https://www.southwest.com/air/booking/index.html?redirectToVision=true&leapfrogRequest=true&clk=GNAV...

allenpitts
Explorer C

Hello dfwskier and Middle Seat<

Missed the little one-way radio button at the top.

Thanks.

Allen in Dallas