Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Options for both Rapid Rewards Members and Credit Cardmembers

franktravel
Aviator B

Not sure if many people know this!

Now options for both Rapid Rewards Members and Rapid Rewards Credit Cardmembers!

As a Southwest Rapid Rewards Member, you can use your points to redeem for gift cards and merchandise.

As a Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Cardmember, you can use your points to redeem for gift cards and merchandise plus international flights, hotel stays, and rental cars.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Options for both Rapid Rewards Members and Credit Cardmembers

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Is the value comparable among those redemption paths?

Having CP I tend to save points for flights only since I get "double" on the redemption, but every now and then it would be nice to get a room or rental car without an out of pocket expense.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

franktravel
Aviator B

I thought in the past you had to have the Credit Card to use More Reward?  Now you don't.  As a Southwest Rapid Rewards Member, you can use your points to redeem for gift cards and merchandise but not for international flights, hotel stays, and rental cars.

bec102896
Aviator A

In the past you had to be a SW credit card holder to get access to the more rewards now anyone can use it for gift cards and merchandise but only credit card holders can use the more rewards for international travel, rental cars, and hotels. 

I personally would not use my points on the gift cards because I get a better value on southwest tickets for example a $100 SW gift card through more rewards is 13,500 points I can get a points ticket valued at about $200 for 13,500 points 

still a cool option though for people who want to get to get gift cards for people. 

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

In the past you had to be a SW credit card holder to get access to the more rewards now anyone can use it for gift cards and merchandise but only credit card holders can use the more rewards for international travel, rental cars, and hotels. 

I personally would not use my points on the gift cards because I get a better value on southwest tickets for example a $100 SW gift card through more rewards is 13,500 points I can get a points ticket valued at about $200 for 13,500 points 

still a cool option though for people who want to get to get gift cards for people. 

Blake 

That's helpful, I will fly enough to use them up on flights for best value, but the gift cards could definitely be useful especially for some of the people who are facing expiration of their accounts due to no activity.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

cahird
Explorer C

where do I find catalog of available merchandise?

dfwskier
Aviator A

It appears that More Rewards has gone back to  "to use us you must be a Chase RR cardholder"

If you are, here's how you can answer your question:

https://www.southwest.com/rapidrewards/redeem-more-rewards