Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

PSA Southwest Hotel Points delayed 😔

Michael83
Explorer C

PSA, points you might be expecting from SW Hotels are “very delayed due to an IT issue” (in the past I have received them within days of checkout) 

I have been calling SW Hotels (I believe they are a part of booking.com) the last rep said my case has been escalated but unfortunately for several weeks now the system has been down and they are waiting on an engineer to “fix the problem” (Office Space ran through my mind) 

so I’m at 121,088 miles for the year and have 20k I am due from a complete hotel booking over 6 weeks ago… thus blocking My CP for this year and next.

i dont think this is directly Southwests problem but they are a partner and they should be held accountable, even if the system is down they should have a backup way to credit points.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: PSA Southwest Hotel Points delayed 😔

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Michael83 wrote:

i dont think this is directly Southwests problem but they are a partner and they should be held accountable, even if the system is down they should have a backup way to credit points.

100% disagree about holding Southwest "accountable". I was appreciating your information and feeling slightly sad for you until you went out and made this completely ridiculous comment. You really want to blame Southwest for some other company's IT problem? Nope, ridiculous. 

--TheMiddleSeat

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

I've not had any problems over the last 6 weeks.  Received points from a March stay in about 20 days and points from an April stay in 3 days.  

Hoping you get your points soon!

jksobonya
Aviator A

Points from hotel stays can take up to 8 weeks to post. In my experience it is much shorter, but in can take that long. 

--Jessica